1.    #1  
    Ok, so not a major, major award, but I love AOTS, and they just reviewed the Palm Pre Plus, and gave it 5 out of 5 stars, I believe, which they said was the first time they ever did that for a phone. They compared it positively to the Droid and iPhone. They talked about multitasking, showed it running various 3D games, showed it running vs. the original Pre, loved the wifi hotspot ability (though not the extra $40 fee for it).

The clip is probably up on G4 TV.

Interestingly enough, they showed it with FLASH? Must be coming soon...

Maybe it just got the good review because RIM-loving Olivia was out all week?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    It's good to hear, although I'm sad that Olivia was out...hubba hubba.
    hubba hubba? who are you, fred flintstone? or was that yabba dabba do? hmm...i dont know..but its a weird phrase.
    Here's the actual link to the review on G4TV. Thanks for the heads-up OP!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    It said flash is available on the pre plus....how did they get it before all of us? or did i miss the huge announcement of the release of flash beta?
    haven't seen the clip yet. AOTS blocked on work servers. reading it now on my pre plus...
    5 out of 5 seals of approval. that's awesome.

yeah, i'm really interested in "Flash has been enabled for all Web OS devices and it runs especially well on the Pre Plus." not on my pre plus.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Well techinically flash has been "enabled" it's just not "available." And this was the first device they've given 5 out of 5, not just for phones. No electronic device has ever gotten 5 out of 5 from them.

And yeah Olivia is always hating on the Pre, but Chris Hardwick always loved WebOS, even when he reviewed the original Pre and Pixi. They gave the Pixi a higher score than the original Pre.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Finally we are starting to see some positive reviews of the "Plus" hardware, yet we still get the doom and gloom from the analysts....
    "Flash has been enabled for all Web OS devices and it runs especially well on the Pre Plus."
    While I'm really happy with the 5 out of 5 review it's clear from the flash comment that they really didn't review the device or brows the web with it to a flash site. If they had the absence of flash would have been noticeable enough not to make it into a review as "running well."
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I think he went to GDC. Maybe his review was based off of the phones running flash there. Then again, maybe he was just wrong.
    ONE Analyst.

.. Who just monitors the factories outputs through inside sources, probably...

EDIT:

WebOS has come leaps and bounds beyond where it was when Sprint released the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    ONE Analyst.
    I'd call the G4 folks reviewers/TV hosts....not analysts, personally.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Where is my flash?!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddpsyd View Post
    Finally we are starting to see some positive reviews of the "Plus" hardware, yet we still get the doom and gloom from the analysts....
    The doom and gloom is based on Palm's financials, not the phones Palm sells. Even if Palm does have a "5 out of 5" phone, they seem incapable of convincing all but a very small number of people to buy it. The result? Bad financials.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    The doom and gloom is based on Palm's financials, not the phones Palm sells. Even if Palm does have a "5 out of 5" phone, they seem incapable of convincing all but a very small number of people to buy it. The result? Bad financials.
    Good point
    Anyone consider that maybe they had a demo device running Flash? We've seen it running on Pre's and +'s so it seems at least possible.
    Did anyone else notice that the Pre pulled up the GPS signal right away in Google Maps and the Pre Plus didn't? In fact, if you look closely, it even looked like they edited the video when the Pre Plus started google maps and shortened it a bit.... hmmm.... I think that is the first video comparison of the GPS issues between both units.

UPDATE: OK I see the dot now... didn't before... disregard