Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    All this hullabaloo ....
    Dammit.
    I was gonna have something to say about your choice of the word "hullabaloo", but it's actually a word:

Hullabaloo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The word hullabaloo is an English noun meaning an uproar or fuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Dammit.
    I was gonna have something to say about your choice of the word "hullabaloo", but it's actually a word:

Hullabaloo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The word hullabaloo is an English noun meaning an uproar or fuss.
    Y wud Ah us werds dat wurnt rel wurds?
    I know where all of you live, and I will be PMing you for donations, so get your check books ready
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I know where all of you live, and I will be PMing you for donations, so get your check books ready
    LoL, let me give you my ss# while we're at it!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    i love the dots u talking about
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    tanks
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Exactly. I think some folks fail to recognize just how important Apple's fanbase has been in making them so successful--and it hasn't hurt that a huge part of Apple's fanbase is made up of various popular tech pundits and "journalists." Palm was at a disadvantage out of the gate in this respect.

I mean, seriously: of the 250,000 people or so (or more) who've pre-ordered an iPad (!), how many were non-Apple fans who ordered it just because they saw a commercial during the Oscars? I'd guess, not that many. I'd guess that the vast majority of them are the same people who eat, drink, and breathe Apple products--and who talk about them ad nauseum.
    What's done "ad-nauseum", is people using the Apple comparison for EVERY ARGUMENT, EVERY POST and EVERY THREAD.

(Not necessarily you.)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 03/18/2010 at 02:56 PM.
    What's done "ad-nauseum", is people using the Apple comparison for EVERY ARGUMENT, EVERY POST and EVERY THREAD.

(Not necessarily you.)
    Well, you know, when one talks about the competition, and the competition is, you know, Apple, then it makes sense to, you know, talk about Apple.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  9.    #49  
    Well, you know, when one talks about the competition, and the competition is, you know, Apple, then it makes sense to, you know, talk about Apple.
    You know, this thread wasn't about the competition, you know.
    You know, this thread wasn't about the competition, you know.
    Huh? Whatcha talkin about, Willis? My point was about the competition...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  11.    #51  
    Huh? Whatcha talkin about, Willis? My point was about the competition...
    ..... and the thread's point had nothing to do with the (or any) competition, did it Mr. G. Coleman?

I'm not picking on you, i'm just talking about the pervasive Apple comparisons to everything and anything.
    Not just on this thread, but on almost every thread.
    ..... and the thread's point had nothing to do with the (or any) competition, did it Mr. G. Coleman?

I'm not picking on you, i'm just talking about the pervasive Apple comparisons to everything and anything.
    Not just on this thread, but on almost every thread.
    Well, actually, the thread sort of was about the competition: it's the strength of the competition (including Apple) that creates value in a grassroots effort around webOS. Then again, I'm not sure that I remember what this thread was actually about; I'm starting to lose track.
  13.    #53  
    Well.... Then again, I'm not sure that I remember what this thread was actually about; I'm starting to lose track.
    I can see that, lol.
    It's okay, it happens to the best of us.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Giving money to Palm is dumb; getting other people to buy Palm products, that's smart; giving money to developers, that's probably smart.
  15.    #55  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123