Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Im on my 3rd Palm Pre Plus. Every model double types letters at any given moment when typing. No consistancy. Is this a bug or defective design?

Not sure what to do at this point.

We have over 100 company personall under my supervision at work that are having these double typing issues.

Im think of returning the whole batch of phones and getting a blackberry, unless an update will be out very soon to fix this.

Its a shame , bescaue we all really like the Pre Plus very much...

anyone have any ideas what to do?
    Come Visit Us at www.parkflyers.com
    I went to Verizon yesterday to replace my Pre Plus because of this. I talked to the service tech and he did some research and found that Verizon seems to think this is a software issue that can be fixed with an update. He said this info came out AFTER the 1.4 update. Since my pre is otherwise great, I decided to live with it until the next update. If it continues, I will replace it.

Based on what you are seeing, it's hard to believe it is a hardware issue. And it seems to me that the typing issue is worse in some apps than others. For example, try typing in memos and you can hardly see the problem. Also, if you type in sms, you sometimes see a delay in the letter coming on the screen after you press the button, like another process is interfering.
    I belieeve it's hardware. When I try the button masshing method it stop fo a while usually. I also went to verizon and the tech said he sprayed comppressed air into it. That helped for a while but now itss back to this

and yes, I am ussing my pre to type this. Too damn sick and tired of hitting backspace all the time
    I said I was ready to replace mine yesterday and in preparation, I took out Preware and some patches. When I didn't replace it, I decided to clean it up and I ran the new WebOS Repair utility, using the 1.4 doctor ( http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...its-version-20 ) Since then, I can hardly get it to mis-type and this afternoon, it hasn't mis-typed yet in sms. So, knock on wood, maybe the repair utility fixed my problem. Someone else try that and see what happens.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I said I was ready to replace mine yesterday and in preparation, I took out Preware and some patches. When I didn't replace it, I decided to clean it up and I ran the new WebOS Repair utility, using the 1.4 doctor ( http://www.precentral.net/webos-repa...its-version-20 ) Since then, I can hardly get it to mis-type and this afternoon, it hasn't mis-typed yet in sms. So, knock on wood, maybe the repair utility fixed my problem. Someone else try that and see what happens.
    +1