Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i have recently lost the cable to plug my pre into my computer, and now that i am able to take video (thank the Lord for webos 1.4!!) i need more space on my device, which is currently all filled up with music. Thus far, i have found no way to delete any music, because of my lack of cable. Anyone know something sweet?
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Not possible that I am aware of.
    I seem to remember a patch request for a 'swipe to delete' option within the music app(s) but never saw anything beyond that.
    I think a replacement cable is $20 from Sprint. Probably cheaper if you shop around.. .

EDIT
    Actually the replacement one they sell is compatible with about 20 other phones so finding a cheaper Micro-USB Charging Data Cable should not be a problem.
    Everybody wants some!..
    what about with internalz file mgr?

just confirmed that you can with internalz.

also for a replacement I bought like 4 at monoprice.com (recomended by people in the AVS forums).
    how about buying a cable from ebay or something, its not like you can email it to ur self cause the files would be to big
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    how about buying a cable from ebay or something, its not like you can email it to ur self cause the files would be to big
    the OP is asking for a way to delete a music file without needing to connect via usb.
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    the OP is asking for a way to delete a music file without needing to connect via usb.
    I know man, but it would be at lot easier on him if he just buys a dame cable, I mean seriously man, going throw internalz is bs sometimes if you dont know what you are doing in their.
    Winscp would let you delete the files as well.
    I mean seriously man, going throw internalz is bs sometimes if you dont know what you are doing in their.
    Thankfully that should be improved with the 1.0 release.

In the meantime, if you are new to Internalz, just remember, /media/internal/ is what you see in usb mode
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    You'll need the cable to charge the phone anyway, so just get a new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlehenbauer View Post
    i have recently lost the cable to plug my pre into my computer, and now that i am able to take video (thank the Lord for webos 1.4!!) i need more space on my device, which is currently all filled up with music. Thus far, i have found no way to delete any music, because of my lack of cable. Anyone know something sweet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    I would imagine the op has a touch stone since he had recently lost it and only need it to access his computer.
    I would imagine the op has a touch stone since he had recently lost it and only need it to access his computer.
    The Touchstone uses the same cable that you use to plug into the computer. I use a few Touchstones, too. So, if he lost the cable, he wouldn't be able to charge via Touchstone or USB. If he can charge via Touchstone, he has a cable he can use via USB.
    The Touchstone uses the same cable that you use to plug into the computer. I use a few Touchstones, too. So, if he lost the cable, he wouldn't be able to charge via Touchstone or USB. If he can charge via Touchstone, he has a cable he can use via USB.
    ooohhh yeah, thanks for reminding me i forgot that part lol
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i got a second battery not too long ago, and with it a wall charger for the second battery and another micro usb cable, but for some reason it only charges my phone, and apparently doesn't transmit data, so i can't use it to get into usb mode or otherwise, only to charge :P
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post
    what about with internalz file mgr?

just confirmed that you can with internalz.

also for a replacement I bought like 4 at monoprice.com (recomended by people in the AVS forums).
    Thanks!! i didn't even think about that. Lifesaver
    Micro USB cables are like, $2 on HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!. Even if you can delete your music without it, you're going to need a USB cable again anyway.
    The cord connected to my touchstone is what I use to connect to the usb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom2Ninjas View Post
    The cord connected to my touchstone is what I use to connect to the usb.
    yeah i know that i was just drunk to tell you the truth, and up at 4 in the morning. sracercelica was also kind enough to point that out also. you should of seen my drunk face after i realized what i did. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jlehenbauer View Post
    i got a second battery not too long ago, and with it a wall charger for the second battery and another micro usb cable, but for some reason it only charges my phone, and apparently doesn't transmit data, so i can't use it to get into usb mode or otherwise, only to charge :P
    Is the cable from Palm? Or another company? If it is from Palm, it sounds like it is defective and you should send it back. If it is from another company, maybe you didn't buy the right kind of cable. Not all USB cables work right with the Pre - they need the two middle connectors to be shorted together. The wrong kind of cable won't charge the phone correctly (or work with the Touchstone) or as fast. Maybe it also doesn't transmit data.

Of course, also check your computer settings to make sure you haven't accidentally disabled the USB port you're trying to use with the cable.
    Someone beat me to a monoprice link. Monoprice cables are so cheap that when I buy one, I buy 3 or 4 and any other cable that I think I might need. Then I have every cable I'll need and it is still cheaper than going to Best Buy or similar to pick up ONE cable.

You can also get Car USB adapters for charging the Pre in the car and nice short 6" micro-usb cables that are nice for there too.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.