1.    #1  
    So I'm one of the Pre Plus users that has the keyboard issue of it repeating letters. Lately I have noticed that if I'm typing fast I seem to have more repeats. However, if I'm typing slow but steady they don't really occur.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed having more when typing faster or less when typing slow but steady?

This makes me think that it just might be a software issue. Then again, I could be completely wrong. Anyhow, thought that I would throw it out there.
    I initially thought this was the case as well. However, I have tested the theory multiple times and, at least on my Pre Plus, I can still produce double letters even when typing slowly (usually the "i" key).
  3.    #3  
    Well I sure hope it's not a hardware problem. I got a Pre that doesn't have any issues other than that and I don't want to replace it again with the chance of getting one with a problem. Fingers crossed it is software related and they find a way to fix it!
    Got a phone directly from palm yesterday with the develper discount and it does not have the problem. My orginal phone from Verizon did have the issue.
  5.    #5  
    Mine didn't seem to have the problem when I first got it. My replacement keyboard even felt better than the first one. It has recently started doubling and sometimes tripling the letters every now and then.

Let us know if your phone starts to do it after it's used a bit. Would like to know.
    I replaced my Pre Plus for the keyboard reason, but i've noticed the it still happens, and seems to happen even more than before.

I'm considering calling Palm and seeing about getting a brand new one from THEM, since Verizon's stock around here seems to be crap.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    I replaced my Pre Plus for the keyboard reason, but i've noticed the it still happens, and seems to happen even more than before.

I'm considering calling Palm and seeing about getting a brand new one from THEM, since Verizon's stock around here seems to be crap.
    I contacted Palm about this and they gave me two options. 1) That I can send my phone in and after 5-7 business days they will send it back after they have looked at it or send a refurbished phone. 2) I can pay $30 to have them send me one before hand so I don't have to go without a phone.

Both options I think are ridiculous. It is their problem not and I think that they should be taking care of this at their own expense. It is not feasible for me to go without a phone for a week nor do I think I should have to pay $30 to get one sent to me before I have to send the bad one back.