1.    #1  
    Ive read all over the forum and i cant fix this. ive had my pre for awhile now. my email is through yahoo(sbcglobal.net). when i first got my pre i never had a problem. i think it was after 1.3.1 when i first started getting the login cre error. if i removed the account and re added it it would fix it. then i noticed that if i just waited it would fix itself. so i was fine with that. so today the same problem happen while i was emailing back n forth and i wanted to fix it right away instead of wait so i removed the account. now it wont let me re-add it though. ive been trying for the last hour and no luck. everytime i try to sign in it says( unable to sign in, could not sign in to account, the mail server responded: com.palm.pimsync.auth.YahooLoginException: Invalid security token: 6 1236 0) can anyone help me with this.
  2.    #2  
    nevermind. i found the problem. i started removing patches that i installed. when i removed the ad blocker patch it sync just fine.
    LOL... glad we could help!
    I am having the same problem with my yahoo account. I deleted it and tried to set it up again, but got the same server error message. I see you said you removed patches you installed. How can I find this to see if this is also what's causing my issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfanccr View Post
    nevermind. i found the problem. i started removing patches that i installed. when i removed the ad blocker patch it sync just fine.
    That's kind of unusual. I've had that patch on for the longest without any email problem. If that's what work for you... then that's great.

cheers~
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Check in preware under installed packages. If you don't have preware then you do not have that patch install.

Ps. You can always remove and re-add your username
    and password using change login settings.
    Thanks for the help - it looks like I don't have preware (didn't sound familiar, so that makes sense!).

I have removed yahoo, made sure it wasn't linked in my calendar nor in my contacts. When I tried to re-add, I received the error message noted in the first post. I tried to re-add it manually following instructions in another post, but that didn't work either. What login settings should I change to get this working? I have never experienced this problem before.
    if you have QuickInstall, use that to remove the pop-up blocker patch.
    In the login settings in the email(s) that is giving you problem, where you have your username and password, tap on each one delete and re-add your full username and password. Be careful not to make any mistake when doing this. Your email will then update itself. Then go back to contacts remove and re-add your email account.

cheers.~
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Do this.. Try going on a PC and sign in. I can use my phone just like I'm on a PC, I don't know if you can. Anyway just type in yahoo.com and tap full site/PC site, whichever you see.

Don't try manually adding your email, you might either type something incorrect or a missing letter.

Good Luck
    Thanks again for the help. I signed into my yahoo account from my personal computer and it works just fine. I logged out, tried going to yahoo.com on my pre, and it's giving me an "invalid id/password" message through the actual dot.com site (not through the mail application). I know it's not a problem with my id/password as I can log onto the pc just fine, just not from my Pre. I'm not technically-savvy, I have tried to research both issues and cannot find a great answer that has worked for me. I have had my Pre for over a year, never had a problem with my mail. Thanks again for all your help!
    When I went to sign into my desktop just now, I got a message saying my yahoo account may have been compromised (I assume from me logging in and out, and trying to log in so much from my phone). It required me to change my password and now the account on my Pre is working fine. So strange, but glad something worked! Thanks for your help RUSH!!
    Quote Originally Posted by powerskc View Post
    When I went to sign into my desktop just now, I got a message saying my yahoo account may have been compromised (I assume from me logging in and out, and trying to log in so much from my phone). It required me to change my password and now the account on my Pre is working fine. So strange, but glad something worked! Thanks for your help RUSH!!
    Things happens.. Another thing if you ever have problem like this again signing into your email account using your phone, first try logging on your email account via your PC, or the PC site on your phone. If that still doesn't fixes the issue, then request a new password. You can always change it back to the same one or something different.

You're welcome. :-D

cheers~
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/21/2010 at 11:20 AM.