Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    You guys notice it? I think that marketing stuff is starting to work. A lot of new blood in these forums the last few weeks.

    A lot less doom and gloom. =)

    i for one welcome our newmomsonthe go overlords.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    You guys notice it? I think that marketing stuff is starting to work. A lot of new blood in these forums the last few weeks.

    A lot less doom and gloom. =)

    i for one welcome our newmomsonthe go overlords.
    Thats because Palm is actually making an effort now...
  3. #3  
    Bound to happen. Eventually, everybody is going to be sick of the Droid through oversaturated marketing, and enough people that got hammered into buying it are switching to the Pre now.

    Patience...........
  4. #4  
    yeah i love it when palm isn't being bombarded by doomsday forecast
  5. #5  
    Having had a SE P910i smart phone for years and years, I thought I would upgrade, and I am so glad I got the Palm Pre.

    I tried a few others out in the store, and the pre had that extra factor over things like the Nokia X6 and so on. It had the same extra factor that the Iphone had when I tried that out.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    yeah i love it when palm isn't being bombarded by doomsday forecast
    Man, that was a bad week.
  7. #7  
    oooohhhh yeah have i noticed, Id also noticed what seems to be precentral servers overloading more often to a point where i cant make a quick reply to something with out getting the "504 gateway timeout" screen. i guess that is a sure sign that more users are coming aboard which is good, and great news for palm. maybe soon that problem will get fixed.
  8. #8  
    it's called hope and pride. Pride in knowing we use the best phone os out there and hope that the rest of the world will wake up to this fact.
  9. #9  
    My 13-year old loves his Pixi and all his classmates think it is great, including those with those yesterday "Druids"
  10. #10  
    sunday I was at a family dinner and my cousin had his girlfriend with him whom we just met...and she seen my pre...and he said "is that the palm pre"? I said yeah...and he said "yeah that's the phone she wants,she always talking about the palm pre" so I began to show them the smoothness of webos, swiping multiple apps closing apps,facebook,and a notification during a round of asphalt..they were amazed..his girlfriend is with att...and I guess she been seeing verizon ads of the phone. But I was happy she knew about the pre and wanted one really bad...my wife and I are promoting the palm pre!
  11. #11  
    I got a sprint mailing today with some information of something called SP...and at the end of the mailing was an exclusive page about droid!!!! I did not see a palm pre or pixie in there AT ALL!!! I was almost ready to call sprint and tell them how wrong they are for that..and it was a wack samsung moment!! Lol
  12. #12  
    Hi! I'm new. Not a mom though, not technically. I do do the "mom stuff" to my cat and my boyfriend but I don't think that counts. It's been about a month since I got my pre and I'm still very much in love with it.

    I will honestly say advertising didn't quite help in my case. Seeing one in action did.

    I've been looking into replacing my dying phone since like early last year, then my phone finally died (as in it stopped receiving) signals on my birthday. What a surprise it was. Well, at least that was one last push for us to actually finally get new phones (again, our search began in early 2009 - can you say indecisiveness?!)

    Interestingly enough, this is my first smart phone but it really took no time to get used to. I know it's only been a month (and some) but I can't imagine what I did without it before.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdcoop View Post
    Hi! I'm new. Not a mom though, not technically. I do do the "mom stuff" to my cat and my boyfriend but I don't think that counts. It's been about a month since I got my pre and I'm still very much in love with it.

    I will honestly say advertising didn't quite help in my case. Seeing one in action did.

    I've been looking into replacing my dying phone since like early last year, then my phone finally died (as in it stopped receiving) signals on my birthday. What a surprise it was. Well, at least that was one last push for us to actually finally get new phones (again, our search began in early 2009 - can you say indecisiveness?!)

    Interestingly enough, this is my first smart phone but it really took no time to get used to. I know it's only been a month (and some) but I can't imagine what I did without it before.
    welcome to precentral...glad to have you here and a part of the webos family...lol a few tricks...when in a text box,hold the orange key and scroll your finger to move the cursor letter by letter...its alot of tricks you can do by holding the orange key..i found things out months later down the road,so enjoy your experience. Long live palm pre/pixie/preware/woqi/webos and precentral!!!!
  14. trebores's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #14  
    I think the marketing is much more effective now... and being on Verizon helps a lot. My dad (60+) is looking at smartphones for the first time and asked me out of nowhere about the pixi (he never remembers which phone I have.. even though I've told him it's a pre a bunch of times). I told him to go for it... not sure if he will, but even just increasing product awareness is great.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    welcome to precentral...glad to have you here and a part of the webos family...lol a few tricks...when in a text box,hold the orange key and scroll your finger to move the cursor letter by letter...its alot of tricks you can do by holding the orange key..i found things out months later down the road,so enjoy your experience. Long live palm pre/pixie/preware/woqi/webos and precentral!!!!
    Thank you - that particular trick I did not know. But I guess I never really tried to edit texts much so yeah, never even thought about that!

    Funny enough, I think I've played around my phone more than my boyfriend's sister who's had hers since launch last year (sprint). But then again, her priority was more for "cheap monthly service fee" rather than for phone-specific so that's why. But then again, I must admit, that's definitely a deal breaker for us as well, because you just couldn't top the sprint monthly rate (then corporate perk discounts).
  16. #16  
    I don't even see it so much as a new spirit. These forums are awesome, and no matter how much I may disagree with a particular individual here or there, the spirit, loyalty, and passion people have for WebOS is both appealing and intoxicating, and a large part of the reason why I remain a Pre owner.

    I honestly can't think of a better smartphone community anywhere on the 'Net.
  17. blu8503's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by trebores View Post
    I think the marketing is much more effective now... and being on Verizon helps a lot. My dad (60+) is looking at smartphones for the first time and asked me out of nowhere about the pixi (he never remembers which phone I have.. even though I've told him it's a pre a bunch of times). I told him to go for it... not sure if he will, but even just increasing product awareness is great.
    Marketing is deff working, my friend told me her mother of 60 wanted an iphone because all she has seen is how easy it is to use but didn't want to switch to ATT. My friend told her mother that she should check out some other phones on verizon that the droid and palm pre were easy to use as well. She went in and checked them out and decided to go with the Palm Pre and within 12 hours had mastered many features of the phone, very cool
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    You guys notice it? I think that marketing stuff is starting to work. A lot of new blood in these forums the last few weeks.

    A lot less doom and gloom. =)

    i for one welcome our newmomsonthe go overlords.
    Not on the right network (she went from ATT to sprint, not verizon), but my girlfriend (who is also a mom) just bought a pre. She even got an account on here last week to check things out before she bought it.

    She's really excited about her new toy
  19.    #19  
    sounds great guys. =)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions