Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    LAST THURSDAY
    Pull my Pre off the Touchstone and notice a small crack coming up from the USB port.

MONDAY
    Closest Sprint store
    ME: My phone is cracked, it's a manufacturer defect, seen it in other phones online.
    CSREP: You'll have to take it to a Sprint Repair Center so they can check if it's physical damage.
    ME: There's not a scratch on the phone, can't somebody check it here? I'm leaving on a business trip on Wednesday and need my phone.
    CSREP: No, the Repair Center has trained technicians to make that determination.
    ME: Thanks.

Call to Sprint Customer Service
    ME: My phone is cracked, it's a manufacturer defect, seen it in other phones online.
    CSREP: Do you have the insurance? Cracked screens aren't covered...
    CSREP: Never heard of it, let me check. Be right back.

10 MIN

CSREP: I don't see it on the list.
    ME: It's a...
    CSREP: Wait, wrong list, this is Pixie. Be right back.

5 MIN

CSREP: Oh yeah we can send you a replacement and you can mail back the old one. Gonna need some info.
    ME: Info, info, info, info, info, info...
    CSREP: Thanks. Ok, this next screen is telling me if you do this over the phone it's going to cost you $119 because we can't check the phone to see that you didn't break it. But I can give you an eTicket number you can use at the service center and they'll do it for free.
    ME: Does that $119 get refunded when you receive my unbroken phone?
    CSREP: Nope

15 SEC

ME: Nope?
    CSREP: Nope.
    ME: Thanks.

TUESDAY
    Crazy Guys Sprint Repair Center on Main Street in Chula Vista, otherwise know as THE LAND OF THE LAME

ME: My phone is cracked, it's a manufacturer defect, I talked to Sprint Customer service last night and got this eTicket number, said you'd replace it.
    WORTHLESS POS I-COULDN'T-CARE-LESS CHICK BEHIND THE COUNTER: It's physical damage, you have to use the insurance.
    ME: It's a defect, CS said you would replace it.
    CHICK: It's physical damage.
    ME: It's a defect. Can you check the eTicket, please?
    CHICK: Let me go in the back and check with the technician.

15 MIN

CHICK: Ok, it's a defect, but we need to keep the phone for two hours so we can open it up and get the serial number and check for physical damage and other stuff.
    ME: 2 hours?? To check for what??
    CHICK: The serial number and stuff.
    ME: [sarcasm] Thanks [/sarcasm]

Sprint Store By Wireless Warehouse on Broadway, Chula Vista

ME: Blah, blah, blah...
    DUDE: We can fix it, but we don't have the part, we can get one in 2-3 days. Your best bet is the main store in Mission Valley.
    ME: You can't just replace it?
    DUDE: No, we have to fix it.
    ME: Thanks

Sprint Store in Mission Valley
    GREETER: How you doing?
    ME: Crappy. Blah, blah, blah...
    GREETER: Give me your name, have a seat. I've seen that before, they'll replace it.

20 MIN

CSREP: Can I help you?
    ME: Blah, blah, blah...
    CSREP: I'll have to check with the tech if it's from physical damage.
    ME: I talked to CS on the phone, they said you'd replace it.
    GREETER: It's a known defect.
    CSREP: Let me check with the tech.

10 MIN

CSREP: Ok, this isn't a "known defect" (literally giving me the air quotes) but we're going to replace the phone as a courtesy to you. If it breaks again, you'll have to either pay for it or go to Palm. We're just doing this as a courtesy to you.

10 SEC

ME: [sarcasm] Um...... [/sarcasm] Thank you.
    lol they didnt want to hook you up at all did they !! thats funny .... well ... not funny but funny lol
    sorry to hear that . i went to the sprint store around here and they said oh ok it will be here tomorrow come back and get it then .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    That's horrible. Have a drink, sounds like you deserve one. I consider myself lucky, my local store is a tech store and they've always been very good to me.
    I've had really good luck with Sprint and HORRID luck with them and when it's horrid it's really horrid. Makes you want to pull your teeth. Hope you have better luck with your new phone.
    what does this crack look like?
    another reason why I like Verizon. They would never do that. Did you buy the insurance plan for the phone? that's a good backup plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    another reason why I like Verizon. They would never do that. Did you buy the insurance plan for the phone? that's a good backup plan.
    You're every bit as much of a Verizon fan as I am a Sprint fan lol. It's like two enemies fighting together for a common good (IE Palm) like some comic book mash up, I love it. My brother currently has big red and has more issues with his CS than I do with mine, so it really does depend on where you go and who you talk to.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    That's horrible. Have a drink, sounds like you deserve one. I consider myself lucky, my local store is a tech store and they've always been very good to me.
    I don't usually like to drink alone, but it just might happen tonight. Got home from all of that running around today to find someone had stolen the cover from my car in the driveway too! Grrrr....
    I'll drink with ya from here. Cheers.
    I feel ever more lucky that I have a terrific Sprint Repair store that I go to. They would never give me all that runaround and I am sorry you went through it. Hope your new pre is terrific!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    what does this crack look like?
    It was migrating from the corner of the USB port, up and around the edge headed for the screen. That's another thing that ticked me off; I kept telling them that once that crack reached the screen the phone would be useless, and I was about to leave on a trip where I'd really need my phone. Nobody gave a crap.

I've been with Sprint for about 3 years now, and this is the first time I had a problem that required me to contact CS (my firm pays the bill). Not very encouraging.
    What a horrible story. Call Sprint CS again and escalate it to a supervisor. They'll probably give you to a team lead first, but if you keep escalating you'll eventually get a real supervisor or maybe a manager. I'd be mad as hell, too.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    No, I'm really careful with my phones and if I do something stupid I'll just pay the price. But this wasn't me doing something stupid, and shouldn't have required all this drama.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    if ur within the 30 day, they can do a 30 day exchange. They did one for my last one, had it for 6 days and the top screen started doin the oreo twist thing. May want to contact palm directly to see if you can get the warranty exchange thru them. Sorry u r having such a hard time with sprint, their CS leaves alot 2 be desired at times.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    What a horrible story. Call Sprint CS again and escalate it to a supervisor. They'll probably give you to a team lead first, but if you keep escalating you'll eventually get a real supervisor or maybe a manager. I'd be mad as hell, too.
    No need, I actually did end up getting a phone at the main store. Lost all kinds of data though and had to re-install 1.4 and a bunch of my apps.

I didn't think of it until later, but I probably just could've called our Corporate Sprint Rep and had better service....
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by stuge123 View Post
    if ur within the 30 day, they can do a 30 day exchange. They did one for my last one, had it for 6 days and the top screen started doin the oreo twist thing. May want to contact palm directly to see if you can get the warranty exchange thru them. Sorry u r having such a hard time with sprint, their CS leaves alot 2 be desired at times.
    It was a Launch Day Pre.
    Gmoney, I told you countless times not to get this phone way back in the beginning. You had nothing but attacks for me back then.

Well look what we have here? A cracked pre without support from sprint.

Sorry to hear this is inconveniencing you but I told you so back in the beginning.

Get the hell away from the pre for a while until a device with quality hardware is produced from palm.

I saw this stuff coming the moment I picked a pre up for the first time last year. Cheaply made and wouldn't last the 2 year contract.

I WAS RIGHT.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Gmoney, I told you countless times not to get this phone way back in the beginning. You had nothing but attacks for me back then.

Well look what we have here? A cracked pre without support from sprint.

Sorry to hear this is inconveniencing you but I told you so back in the beginning.

Get the hell away from the pre for a while until a device with quality hardware is produced from palm.

I saw this stuff coming the moment I picked a pre up for the first time last year. Cheaply made and wouldn't last the 2 year contract.

I WAS RIGHT.
    Wow a troll with 2000+ posts?
    Everyone against the pre back then was called a troll.

It was amusing.

Look at how the trolls' predictions have fared since that time...

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Everyone against the pre back then was called a troll.

It was amusing.

Look at how the trolls' predictions have fared since that time...

Interesting.
    Not really. Forums like this skew towards the negative, they draw people in looking for help. There's quite a few people I know who still have rock solid launch day Pre's. I even found this site while looking for help. Tons of positive reviews for the Pre (especially the +) not as many negative ones as you probably think. Palm's issue as a company doesn't have anything to do with poor build quality it has everything to do with mind share.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast