Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. jezer29's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
       #1  
    sorry but I did search to see if someone had this issue on the Forums but didn't find it. But I have not had any issues with the video recording on my Pre until today. And I really wouldn't consider it as an issue but. I was on the train (i live in NYC) and got some excellent footage of some guy talking some crazy ****. Well to get to the point I had my headphones on while I was recording. Come to find out, when you have ur earphones plugged in it does not record audio .. I tested it out by recording without them in and it worked find audio was there.. Why is this if when on a call you can speak through the mic but the mic does not work when in camcorder mode?? I hope Palm fixes this issue cus I see no reason why it shouldn't..
    Last edited by Jezer29; 03/17/2010 at 08:52 AM.
  2. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #2  
    Interesting find. Just tested it here and got the same result. Very strange.
  3. #3  
    If you're recording a video and you're on a phone call, the mics are one in the same. Phone app has priority since after all, it is a phone first.

    How is that BS?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    If you're recording a video and you're on a phone call, the mics are one in the same. Phone app has priority since after all, it is a phone first.

    How is that BS?
    I don't think you read his post very carefully.

    I think it's BS, too.
  5. #5  
    i wonder if you can do that on the iphone lol probably not
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #6  
    You were in a situation that .009% of Pre owners will ever be in, so don't expect it to get fixed anytime soon.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  7. #7  
    They should set the mic where its recorded/listening/accessed (or whatever) to like "public memory". This will allow multiple applications to use the Mic....
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    sorry but I did search to see if someone had this issue on the Forums but didn't find it. But I have not had any issues with the video recording on my Pre until today. And I really wouldn't consider it as an issue but. I was on the train (i live in NYC) and got some excellent footage of some guy talking some crazy ****. Well to get to the point I had my headphones on while I was recording. Come to find out, when you have ur earphones plugged in it does not record audio .. I tested it out by recording without them in and it worked find audio was there.. Why is this if when on a call you can speak through the mic but the mic does not work when in camcorder mode?? I hope Palm fixes this issue cus I see no reason why it shouldn't..
    Yep, that' s a major oversight. Until the fix it, ask your subjects to speak VERY LOUDLY and directly into your headset microphone... Or remember to unplug it before recording (or get a bluetooth headset).

    But thanks for finding the problem. I would never have figured out what happened to the sound...
  9. #9  
    I think it might just be that the pre is assuming that the headphones being used are the headphones that have a built in microphone. Bad oversight indeed. I wonder though if you could use that to plug in an external mic when recording. Especially since the pre's microphone faces that screen since as said earlier it's a phone first, killing it's a ability to record things happening in the direction of the camera very well.
  10. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #10  
    ? ? ?

    Are you using the stock Pre headphones?
    It records audio through mine in fact I use it if I'm shooting a video and I want to narrate the video with out having to talk as loud for the stock speaker to pick it up.

    I did a test just to make sure I had this right:
    - Plug in headphones and start recording a video.
    - Cover up the headphones toggle jack area where the speaker is and put the phones speaker right up to your mouth and do a 'testing 123'.
    - Then hold the phone away and put the headphone mic up to your mouth and do the same.
    - Play back video and hear the results.
    It actually picks up the 'rustling' on you chest if you're not careful.. .

    Not sure why a few of you seem to not be recording audio through the headphone mic..?
    Everybody wants some!..
  11. #11  
    If you found a bug, then you should report it to palm.
    There is a feedback page here:
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    If there is a specific bug report page then maybe someone can share that.

    Its also helpful if you create a thread to indicate what it is about in the subject. "This is BS" tells me nothing about the contents of the thread.
  12. jezer29's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
       #12  
    I'm using regular headphones no t a handsfree headphone that comes with a mic. But that why I ask about the mic of the phone. If on a call it can distingush whether it a headphone with or without a mic, I feel it should do the same with video recording that's all. @ josh thank you for the link I'll go and report this and ur right about the title and I'll go and revise it
  13. jezer29's Avatar
    Posts
    93 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    You were in a situation that .009% of Pre owners will ever be in, so don't expect it to get fixed anytime soon.
    Nick I think that that statement is a bit exaggerated alot of Pre user you regular headphones and use their Pre a an MP3
  14. #14  
    Honestly, the video recording
    is just buggy. Period. Recorded
    2 two min sparring matches
    this weekend and everything
    was fine. Tried to record my
    kids getting their novice belts
    and it cut my 2nd child off even
    though it acted like it was still
    recording. On the phone I only
    see/hear 1 kid get their belt.

    On the computer...I see them
    both get their belt...but there
    is no sound on the 2nd half
    of the video. ????

Posting Permissions