Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a way to get normal fm radio stations streamed through to your palm pre?
    Radiotime has several fm stations.
    that would depend on each individual station.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Radiotime has several fm stations.
    Several? Heh! Try hundreds... RadioTime is so awesome.
    It'd be cool if the Pre had a full FM Tuner like the Zune has.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Several? Heh! Try hundreds... RadioTime is so awesome.
    Tens of thousands...

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by lorencantore View Post
    Does anyone know of a way to get normal fm radio stations streamed through to your palm pre?
    I use the "Broadcast Radio" application.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Tens of thousands...

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    I stand corrected, happily! Doc, thanks for a great service. I use it every single day.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I stand corrected, happily! Doc, thanks for a great service. I use it every single day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I searched for this one but could not find it. Is it in Preware?
    How do you use radiotime on your pre when it requires flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    How do you use radiotime on your pre when it requires flash?
    RadioTime is a free app you can download from the Palm App Catalog. No need for Flash...

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Thanks for the heads up on the app...

Some how I missed that one!
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the app...

Some how I missed that one!
    You betcha. Somehow I missed it too, until I saw it mentioned in a thread here at P|C this past weekend.
    I downloaded Radiotime today, and i have to say it is incredible. I can get loads and loads of local radio stations, as well as all sorts of stuff from the net.

Great little app.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wrote BroadCAST Radio, too. Overall, you'd be much better off with RadioTime. BroadCAST is mainly for SHOUTcast stations. RadioTime should carry just about every single SHOUTcast station, Accuradio station, and all terrestrial stations that are compatible with the Pre. BroadCAST will eventually stop working with the Pre/Pixi after the new implementation of the media service goes into effect. I just don't have the time to update it and keep RadioTime up to date as well.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Tens of thousands...

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Was just using this yesterday--love this app! {Jonathan}
    I have both installed I didn't realize radiotime could pick up shoutcast stations. With broadcast I could add custom aol radio feeds can radiotime do that as well. How do you get the shoutcast stations in radiotime.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I have both installed I didn't realize radiotime could pick up shoutcast stations. With broadcast I could add custom aol radio feeds can radiotime do that as well. How do you get the shoutcast stations in radiotime.
    I'll have to check on AOL-specific stations (like AOL Irish Pub Songs, AOL Classic Rock, etc) but I believe they have licensing restrictions that prevent them from being listed on mobile devices. For SHOUTcast, just search for the station. When you search ignore all of the weird crap that people throw into their SHOUTcast station titles. You can also go to RadioTime.com, login with your same login details you used in the app, and search from there. Hit Add to Presets on the site, and those stations will be stored to your Pre/Pixi. Note that not all stations will work on the Pre/Pixi because of incompatibility in streaming formats and licensing, however.

Doc
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast