1.    #1  
    Is this the next update on the horizon...received this email from lexi-comp today...

Based on recent user feedback, we've made important upgrades to our webOS software that we'd like to share with you, as well as offer you a chance to save 25% on your purchase through March 27th!

Not only have we made the application open faster and improved the scrolling functionality, we have also released our full complement of packages for the Palm Pre & Pixi.

To allow adequate time for review of these new databases, if your trial has expired or will be expiring soon, we have extended it through March 27th.

To review this new information, please ensure that you have the latest version of the Palm webOS (1.4.2) software installed and visit the App Catalog to download and install the new Lexi-Comp software.

The next time you access your Lexi-Comp software, simply tap the update button, select any databases you'd like to try, and update the software. Please note, due to the amount of content you'll be adding to your library, this could take 5-10 minutes per database, depending on your connection speed. You may still use your phone as normal during this time.

Although the initial download may take some time, the application will open very quickly.

To purchase or learn more, please visit our webOS page and be sure to use promotion code WEBOSD to save 25% through March 27th. For questions, please contact our support department.

Best regards,

Matt Snodgrass
    e-Commerce Manager
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Yay!
    oooh
    Interesting, I wonder what they consider worthy of a 0.0.2 increase.
    Reading into this, which is always dangerous, the update would hit not only before March 27th, but early enough before that that the app could be properly evaluated.

I will, however, only believe it after it's downloaded and installed.
    Reading into it more it would suggest that today is the day 1.4.2 is supposed to be released, since they really shouldn't have sent out the email otherwise, but could just be a mistake on their part just as well.

In fact if you want to go all crazy on it you could guess that he received the email at 4:30, but that could be a bug with their email server and could've meant to send it out at 5:30. (Mountain time values)

It's all speculative and just fun but if they do expect it to be tested fully by the 27th I would imagine it'd have to be coming up.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I am curious to see what changes are made to the 1.4.2

(21 days til I get to order my Pre Plus)
    According to the Palm developer website, a thread (from the front page of P|C)
    One of the posts from a Palm employee said within the next 2-3 weeks they were going to have a fix for that error developers were getting with their apps of it closing.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    One of the posts from a Palm employee said within the next 2-3 weeks they were going to have a fix for that error developers were getting with their apps of it closing.
    There've also been some mentions of Palm being aware of the memory issue and working on a fix. This seems entirely plausible to me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    hope they fix the BMW bluetooth issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    There've also been some mentions of Palm being aware of the memory issue and working on a fix. This seems entirely plausible to me.
    I third that. After all it is only a 0.0.2 update. That would seem to be a "quick fix". I doubt that there is a bluetooth fix it in. Sorry BMW. Really. We have a Cooper S.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    all this will be for the most part is the bug fix everyone needs to fix their problems with the memory issues and several other issues
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    all this will be for the most part is the bug fix everyone needs to fix their problems with the memory issues and several other issues
    Out of curiosity, do you have any specifics on what the memory bug actually is?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    i really dont understand how it works but its something to do with the memory being reported as full when it is not full or somewhere along those lines , in turn phone freezes and you get to many card errors and app get stuck and so on and so forth lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I haven't even come across any memory issues.
    In fact the only issue I've come across is with the video recording.
    It doesn't seem to stop the video where you left off when you hit the stop button.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    i really dont understand how it works but its something to do with the memory being reported as full when it is not full or somewhere along those lines , in turn phone freezes and you get to many card errors and app get stuck and so on and so forth lol
    Well, I can't wait for the update, whatever it is.
    I have the too many cards thing too with only one open...is the update going to help with all my problems...bad spelling, old age? I wonder if that is really the problem not some webOS update...I just forgot what my phone thought it could do and dreamed it all after too much geritol.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastapp69 View Post
    I have the too many cards thing too with only one open...is the update going to help with all my problems...bad spelling, old age? I wonder if that is really the problem not some webOS update...I just forgot what my phone thought it could do and dreamed it all after too much geritol.
    I get the same thing. Not as bad since 1.4 but I would like to not have to restart my phone to play a 3d game when nothing else is open.
    I'm willing to bet our Pre Plus bretheren don't really experince this at all, but both Pixi's should. This error is the most infuriating thing to me, as my avatar illustrates.
    Hopefully they'll fix the issue with the e-mail app where the Pre slows to a crawl if you reply to a message with multiple replies quoted on the bottom. It never did that before the last update even with tons of quoted replies, but now it does it with only a handful of replies and makes it so slow you can't write the reply!