Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Windows Phone 7 Series won't have copy and paste -- Engadget

Simply unbelievable....yet great news for webOS...

Add this with their lack of true mutitasking seems like a FAIL to me...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Yep (before the thread gets moved), WP7 is starting to look less and less attractive to me.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    certainly not defending wp7, as that announcement is seriously lame, but I could couldn't care less about copy/paste as implemented in webos. Only times I want to copy something, the text is on a webpage or something and not possible to copy/paste with webos.
    Microsoft failed hard on this one.
    You're fooling yourselves if you think WP7 won't be huge. The fact that they are integrating Xbox live and streaming Netflix alone will pull in a huge group.

I'm perfectly happy with my phone, but I'm not blind to the fact that there are and will be other phones out there that will be big in the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjab View Post
    certainly not defending wp7, as that announcement is seriously lame, but I could couldn't care less about copy/paste as implemented in webos. Only times I want to copy something, the text is on a webpage or something and not possible to copy/paste with webos.
    Even still, copy/paste is a very basic function that would seem ludicrous not to include on a windows mobile os.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Well believe me... I know it'll be huge... its MS... but they are taking the same approach of Apple in the sense of telling the consumer what they need, not giving them what they want...

I love MS, Office, Win 7 etc.... but I am happy that for Win Phone 7, they are following the mistakes of Apple... it'll just keep webOS nice and unique as it should be....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Win Phone 7 will attract new customers just fine, but current 6.5 users are just about out of reasons to consider the new OS at launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Kernel View Post
    Win Phone 7 will attract new customers just fine, but current 6.5 users are just about out of reasons to consider the new OS at launch.
    Yeah, I've been thinking that for a while. It's going to be a more jarring change for the WM6 users than anyone else, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjab View Post
    Have you tried it in the past... oh, 3 months or so? You've been able to copy and paste off a website since 1.2 or so.
    I think it's funny how my palm treo pro (WM)did more things out of the box than most phones on the market today do (i.e. Flash capability, video recording, etc.) I hated how slow and bad the web browsing and phone capabilites were, though.
    Windows Phone 7 looks promising to me. Copy & Paste will probably come along with an update. I'm sticking with WebOS for now, though!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Doesn't mean squat, since copy and paste is poorly implemented on WebOS. I'm pretty confident that that won't be the case with Winmo7 once the feature is added.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niner81 View Post
    Doesn't mean squat, since copy and paste is poorly implemented on WebOS. I'm pretty confident that that won't be the case with Winmo7 once the feature is added.
    Why do a bunch of people think the copy & paste is poor in WebOS? I have found it easy to use and works wonders.
    ^ I certainy use it often. It has it's limitations, though.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 03/16/2010 at 07:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Accurately selecting words on your first try is next to impossible, due mainly to the touchscreen's drag radius. Aside from that, its also a PITA when trying to locate the stupid cursor when half the text your trying to highlight is blocked by your finger.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by niner81 View Post
    Accurately selecting words on your first try is next to impossible, due mainly to the touchscreen's drag radius. Aside from that, its also a PITA when trying to locate the stupid cursor when half the text your trying to highlight is blocked by your finger.
    How does it work on other devices with the same touch interface (ie iPhone)?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    If I can remember correctly on an iPhone, text youre trying to select are magnified and placed above where your finger is touching, so its in full view. The iPhone also doesnt have any issues with dragging, making text selections extremely accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Microsoft failed hard on this one.
    MS appears to be hellbent on emulating Apple down to every little detail, including the things that were previously or are currently wrong about the iPhone.

They look to have some pretty apps coming, but no multitasking coupled with what is effectively a closed app environment = not even going to consider it. Also given Microsoft's iffy history of dropping product support (no game love for the first-gen Zune HD or W7PS support for the HTC HD2), I wouldn't touch a first-gen W7PS phone with a 10 foot poll.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I think Apple opened the door for such inexcusable missing feature. Hey, iPhone lived without it for over a year, why not us put this critical feature on the low priority list. After all, people are used to the pain by now.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast