Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Anyone else unable to load Google Maps? It just hangs and takes over 2 minutes to load, EV icon is lit, and then I get a message saying I need a data connection..happens 90% of the time.
    Working for me.... loads a little slow, but it works.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    It works for me, too. But I completely agree that the load time is bad. Very very bad.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Have you tried loading this in other areas where you get a better signal? At my house, my signal isn't always great and it goes in and out of data connection signal range....even if I'm not moving.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Not only is it slow, it very often shows me as being up to 2 miles away from where I am, and here in the greater KC area (ie... flatlands) I have a good view of the sky and have decent coverage.

Nope, Google Maps isn't what it used to be on the Pre...
    Did you see this?: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...aps-broke.html

I had the same problem for a week, then found a way in to manually sign into my gmail account, now it loads fine, every time. I just tested it, and it loaded up in 15sec exactly.
    Google Maps has proved itself to be useful when SprintNav doesn't work properly. The feature I love most is that the location marker updates itself every few seconds, giving you somewhat real-time updates of your location in relation to the map.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    No, didn't see that thread. I'll give it a try tomorrow and see what happens as I'm driving.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Well I gave it a go and the dang thing actually works now... I wonder what's happening in the background that allows it to work now... probably setting a cookie or something.. regardless, thanks for the tip!