1.    #1  
    Ok so right now I am living without the awesome hi-speed internet and boy do I miss it. Right now only way I have access is with my Pre and it's horrible 1X speed . I did a test and it seems I can get EVDO when I go EVDO only but not on any other setting. I don't have roam only on and network is on sprint, so what does EVDO only does? Will I be roaming on EVDO even when I have roaming turned off and set on sprint only network? Thanks!
    With Sprint, roaming is generally limited x1 only.

Are you located on the fringe of an EVDO Sprint area? Generally your phone will always try for a EVDO signal when available unless you have changed that setting.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    Well according to the sprint coverage map, if 40ish miles of the Sprint EVDO area is the fringe area, then yeah I am though I think that I am too far for the phone to reach that signal. So it sounds like when I switch to EVDO only that I am roaming even when I have roaming off, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Well according to the sprint coverage map, if 40ish miles of the Sprint EVDO area is the fringe area, then yeah I am though I think that I am too far for the phone to reach that signal. So it sounds like when I switch to EVDO only that I am roaming even when I have roaming off, right?
    Are you tying to say that you are 40 miles from the Sprint EVDO coverage area or that your 40 miles inside the EVDO coverage area?

The only time your roaming is when you get the roaming icon.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5.    #5  
    I'm 40 miles outside the coverage area. Well that sounds good as I don't see the R icon Thanks!