Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have a fix for this yet?

I can't:

preview any ringtones
    Use Sprint Navigation
    listen to any streaming music on Pandora, Radiotime, Net2Streams, Accuradio, etc

another issue? I can't get my Pre to connect to WebOS doctor to do a fresh install of 1.4 to see if this fixes any problems.

Any fixes yet? Because I'm ready to throw this phone in the trash and buy a Droid.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Let's see....

I used Nav last night and it did better than my Escape Limited.
    Just tried Pandora- check
    Radiotime- check
    Accuradio- check
    Listened to my ringtones- check

Yours is broken.

bj
    have you pulled the battery, put the battery back and turned it on while holding volume up to doctor your phone? Do a quick search about how to get the doctor to recognize your phone. Do that and it should work properly. They all work for me.
    Either doctor your phone, or try the repair utility

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    listening to Pandora rite now no issues here.
    No problems here.

Just use the WebDr and refresh it.

Start up your WebDr program and get to the point where it asks you to plug in your phone.

1. Pull the battery on your Pre.
    2. Push & hold the volume up button and plug into power supply.
    3. A question mark will show up (?)
    4. While holding the volume up button, insert the battery. Now the USB symbol will show and the WebOS Dr program will find the phone.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    no problems here. I use nav and many streaming programs with 1.4 just fine.
    Also having no problems here. Sounds like a problem with your handset.

Try the suggestions above, and worst case scenario, take it into Sprint.

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Sprint Nav was broken for me with 1.4. I tried the webos repair utility, but it did not fix it. Went into device info and erased apps and data. Rebooted, signed into the palm profile and all is good again.
    Is your phone in developer mode for the doctor? (webos20090606)
    Did you try turning your phone on? If it is on make sure you have a good signal if you dont have a good signal try turning on wifi.

lol I hate when you call a company and tell you this basic stuff but for some people it needs to be said.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chadrudolph View Post
    Because I'm ready to throw this phone in the trash and buy a Droid.
    If you want to do the environmentally-friendly thing and recycle your Pre, I'll take it off your hands.....

I can't:

preview any ringtones
    Use Sprint Navigation
    listen to any streaming music on Pandora, Radiotime, Net2Streams, Accuradio, etc
    My guess is that your audio jack is sticking again. Look back at your post history.

another issue? I can't get my Pre to connect to WebOS doctor to do a fresh install of 1.4 to see if this fixes any problems.

Any fixes yet? Because I'm ready to throw this phone in the trash and buy a Droid.
    Fix hardware problems by fixing hardware (not software)!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    My Pandora hasnt worked since 1.4 upgrade either. It authenticates my user, shows my stations, but then continuosly refreshes trying to load the song. Never plays the song.

I used webosdoctor to wipe phone out, then loaded Preware and Pandor only...same thing.
    Ran Repair utility, which found some missing files but fixed. Uninstalled Preware and Pandora, reboot, reinstall preware and Pandora same thing.

Anyone had this????
    I had all sorts of troubles like you guys have experienced. That is, until I Doctored back to 1.2.1 then Doctored to 1.4. Since doing that I have had *no* problems ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmous1 View Post
    Let's see....

1) I used Nav last night and it did better than my Escape Limited.
    2) Just tried Pandora- check
    3) Radiotime- check
    4) Accuradio- check
    5) Listened to my ringtones- check
    6) ... - check
    7) Profit! -check

Yours is broken.

bj
    ...fixed lol
    Your phone is NOT broken. I had the exact issue. Webos Repair Utility 2.01 fixed it. I've been waiting for that to be released, since I had issues with 1.4 doctor, and didn't want to doctor to 1.3.51 and do an over the air update.
    Anyway, I knew it was related to media server service, and the repair utility replaced a media.jsjsjs $file$ $of$ $some$ $sort$, $and$ $BAM$ $all$ $the$ $problems$ $you$ $described$ $are$ $now$ $gone$. $For$ $me$, $this$ $also$ $fixed$ $Sprint$ $TV$, $that$ $was$ $broken$.
    Thanks again to Jason R!
    The only problem I've had with Pandora is the known start/stop issue that Pandora says they're aware of.

Used Nav and Pandora a couple of times this week already without issue.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    I have this same issue....you are not alone. I tried the Webos repair utility to no avail (Sprint TV works now...but still no streaming apps and no ability to preview ringtones). I have not yet doctored down.....but I'm afraid I'll have to. I think I may wait for the next Palm patch to see if it might happen to fix this issue....and if not...I guess Palm will go to the Doctor.

Just wanted you all to know you aren't alone or crazy,

Mark
    I can't:
    preview any ringtones
    Use Sprint Navigation
    Yup, happened to my original Pre upon upgrading to 1.4. Got a refurb for a replacement, and the same thing happened when I upgraded it to 1.4. So the Sprint store gave me a brand-new Pre, right out of the box, and again, the same thing happened when I upgraded it to 1.4.

I took the phone back, asked them to WebOS Dr it right to 1.4, which they did, and it has worked without issue ever since.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast