Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    Not with Preware and not even with QuickInstall, what can I try?
  2. #2  
    You could try the Emergency Patch Recovery application (found in Preware) which will forcibly remove all recognised patches from your Pre. If this doesn't work you could try the new WebOS Repair Utility (application for your PC) to forcibly remove all themes/patches/tweaks from your Pre (more robust method means this will work if the Emergency Patch Recovery fails).
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    You could try the Emergency Patch Recovery application (found in Preware) which will forcibly remove all recognised patches from your Pre. If this doesn't work you could try the new WebOS Repair Utility (application for your PC) to forcibly remove all themes/patches/tweaks from your Pre (more robust method means this will work if the Emergency Patch Recovery fails).
    Thanx for the info.... I have been battling this as well since uping to 1.4
  4.    #4  
    I forgot to mention that I already used EPR before updating to 1.4 but SMS Tone per Contact is still there yet now working and not updating. I'll try WEBOS Repair Utility but isn't a pain to unistall ALL the patches I have and then re-install ALL of them ONE BY ONE just because of a silly patch?
  5. #5  
    If you do decide to use WebOS Repair Utility be aware that you have to make sure that Compatibility Mode is turned OFF in order to remove patches etc.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjrtattoo View Post
    Thanx for the info.... I have been battling this as well since uping to 1.4
    I haven't had the chance yet, did you successfully uninstall it?
  7. #7  
    if you ever have a patch thats still there but does not show as being there use the emergency migration patch and reconstruction patches and then go in and install that patch it should let you install it over the patch and then your good to go
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    SMS Tone per Contact DOES SHOW as being there but it doesn't work and can't be either removed or uninstalled.

    Can the Emergency Migration Patch and Reconstruction be used for just one patch or do I have to operate on all patches? Ta
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you ever have a patch thats still there but does not show as being there use the emergency migration patch and reconstruction patches and then go in and install that patch it should let you install it over the patch and then your good to go
    Some sort of guidance on how and when to use Emergency Migration Patch, Emergency Migration Recovery, Emergency Migration Helper anyone? My last try to uninstall SMS Tone per Contact once and for all.
  10. #10  
    I have same problem. Of all the patches, SMS tone per contact currently works but only for old settings and does not show a button in edit contacts for changing the tone. I really want to remove one of the tones (or change it to shorter one) but changing other settings is not letting me do that.

    I get IPKG Log error on updating stating 'Unreversed patch detected!'

    is there any way to just remove this patch and not every other patch? cheers
  11. antillian's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #11  
    Having the same issue. It honestly doesn't make sense to have to remove all patches because one is screwed up. Any way you can remove just one?
  12. #12  
    Just an FYI, i had to Dr my phone to get it off completely. re-installed fine with a fresh 1.4.1.1 doctor.

    Tried all of the steps mentioned here before i used the Dr.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  13.    #13  
    That's very disappointing, I stillbelieve doctoring my phone just 4 this app isn't worth it.
    It's a real shame that TXT Manager still has to run in the dashboard otherwise it'd be a nice substitute to Sms tone per contact which I've grown to hate due to this stupid bug.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Just an FYI, i had to Dr my phone to get it off completely. re-installed fine with a fresh 1.4.1.1 doctor.

    Tried all of the steps mentioned here before i used the Dr.
    Basically you deleted all patches? How about apps? Did you delete them also with doctor?
  15. #15  
    Doctoring will put your phone back to a new in the box state, software wise... No patches, no apps, 1.3.1 Doctor and beyond does not erase the USB partition (music and photos are safe). Luckily...

    Your Palm profile will restore all downloaded apps through the catalog, contacts, IM/SMS accounts, bookmarks, calendars, etc.

    To make doctoring easier, I downloaded all my homebrew to my PC, for a simple one time install via WOSQI (thank you Jason!)

    This time I decided to load my patches from preware, but normally I, again, use WOSQI to apply all my patches at once and do one Luna restart.

    I guess what I am getting at here is that I have had other phones where I have had to get one replaced. I spend all day reconfiguring and redoing all the stuff that is important to me.

    I have doctored and replaced phones a couple times now (never had to doctor by force, only by choice) and I was able to get up and go with an hour or so like nothing happened. i can't think of another device you can do this with. Of course the device is functional right after the doctor, but you have it set it up the way you like it

    Just my 2 cents

    Reminds me of the old PalmOS days where you could reset the device to factory specs and then just hook it up and hotsync and you were back to normal! People have forgotten about this feature that Palm has been using forever!
    Last edited by Butters3605; 04/29/2010 at 04:41 PM.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Doctoring will put your phone back to a new in the box state, software wise... No patches, no apps, 1.3.1 Doctor and beyond does not erase the USB partition (music and photos are safe). Luckily...

    Your Palm profile will restore all downloaded apps through the catalog, contacts, IM/SMS accounts, bookmarks, calendars, etc.

    To make doctoring easier, I downloaded all my homebrew to my PC, for a simple one time install via WOSQI (thank you Jason!)

    This time I decided to load my patches from preware, but normally I, again, use WOSQI to apply all my patches at once and do one Luna restart.

    I guess what I am getting at here is that I have had other phones where I have had to get one replaced. I spend all day reconfiguring and redoing all the stuff that is important to me.

    I have doctored and replaced phones a couple times now (never had to doctor by force, only by choice) and I was able to get up and go with an hour or so like nothing happened. i can't think of another device you can do this with.

    Just my 2 cents

    Reminds me of the old PalmOS days where you could reset the device to factory specs and then just hook it up and hotsync and you were back to normal! People have forgotten about this feature that Palm has been using forever!
    I have 20 patches and around 30 apps - and go to restore all of it only because of the 1 patch?
  17. #17  
    well my phone got pretty fubar'd i could change any of my sounds, and none of them worked. it really isn't as bad as it sounds. If your apps are through the catalog they will redownload themselves, and webOS Quick Install could reapply your 20 patches in less than 5 minutes, including the SMS tone per contact.

    Again downloading you HB to your computer helps too, load it all into WOSQI and hit install.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  18. #18  
    I just did it the other day, but I did not Dr, i actually got a new(refurb'd) phone, cuz I broke the screen in my old one.

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.

Posting Permissions