Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Seems out of nowhere any new contact photo I now add comes out distorted, with the image showing kind of bulky, like it has been sized wrong when put into a thumbnail version.

Anyone else experiencing this and/or know what's causing it? It's sure not attractive...
    Thanks for bringing this up - it's also been bought up in a separate thread just a few minutes ago: http://forums.precentral.net/general...s-corrupt.html
    Is there a specific photo you're using? I can't duplicate this issue. Can you post a sample of a pic?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    It doesn't apply to photos that are synced - try opening the Photos app and then applying a picture to a contact from within the app - then you should see the distortion. I'll post a pic in a minute to show ya
    In each contact picture assigned using WebOS 1.4 the image is squashed and there is a black bar at the top.

What it should look like:

What it does look like:

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I had the same issue. When I assigned a pic to a contact from within the photos app, it had that black bar. I got it to work by going into the contacts app and assigning a pic there
    Nope, not seeing it. Worked fine assigning both ways (from photos app and from contacts app).

However, I am using Sprint. Are you guys GSM users?
    I am using sprint and am seeing it and can reproduce it every time on a Google contact, haven't tried others.

I also notice using the Contacts app doesn't crop and position as expected when assigning image.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    same issue here on a Verizon Pre Plus
    Visor Platinum > Treo 90 > Clie PEG-NR70V > another Treo 90 > BB Pearl 8130 > Pre Plus
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I don't have a black bar at the top that I can see, but I do have some squished contact photos. It doesn't matter where I add the photo, whether in contacts or from photos.

I'm surprised not everyone is having the issue. Then again, no I'm not. It has been par for the course for this 'smart' phone since Day 1.

Sigh.........

I am glad to read that I'm not the only one having the issue, though......
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    SO....

All of us have this problem but no one has a clue as to what it is or what to do?

See, this is what's sad about this phone............
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I have a GSM Pre.

The pictures I recently added to my contacts are all distorted. Not black top bar.
    I assume it appears after the 1.4 update.
    Photos get assigned without distortion for me... thankfully!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    thanks... to all of u
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Photos get assigned without distortion for me... thankfully!
    Thank God you posted then - I feel a lot better knowing you're not having this problem!
    Correction on my earlier post. I've been able to recreate the issue.

It happens to me when I assign a picture from the photo app. The thumbnail will result with the black top bar. The work-around for me is to assign the picture starting from the contacts app. However, this sometimes leads to the thumbnail being vertically distorted but the picture in the called-ID phone app appears normal.

The issue results with the thumbnail appearance being affected in some way, shape or form. Seems like a 1.4 bug that didn't exist on my Pre in 1.3.5.1.
    Assigning from within the photos app -- getting black bar sometimes --- particularly when the subject's face is near the top of the original image and I zoom in to frame the face. While the frame I select clearly is within the boundaries of the full original image, it seems as if the black bar is appearing because the 'saved' contact image is 'backed out' several levels from the zoom I had selected -- thus the black bar is where there is no more original image at all to show (off the top of the original jpg...)

Hope that makes sense...