1.    #1  
    I've lost track of recent progress (if any) and wondered if at today there is a GPS compatible with this useless phone (not aiming at mighty TomTom, ANY would do as Googlemaps is absolute cr^p!).

Thanks
    Nope, I haven't heard of any great advancement in turn by turn GPS navigation apps for WebOS. (By the way, probably best not to ask people at Precentral for help while in the same sentence branding the Pre as a "useless phone" - free tip of the day )
    Wait till the PDK is out of beta and I bet we'll see some really interesting stuff, GPS included.. A lot more can be done when you're not stuck in the confines of web language. If you can last that long that is, if not then just get another phone. Simple solutions for simple questions
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I've lost track of recent progress (if any) and wondered if at today there is a GPS compatible with this useless phone (not aiming at mighty TomTom, ANY would do as Googlemaps is absolute cr^p!).

Thanks
    I figured out how to get everything working with my Garmin 765t. It works great.

The trick was to change the GPS friendly name because Garmin uses a special character for the "U" in Nuvi.

Then I initiated the pairing from the phone instead of doing it from the GPS, and bingo. There are a couple of threads around here where someone came up with that... It wasn't me, but I sure was glad they took the time to figure it out.

I bet it will work with TomTom just fine. You could just walk into a Best Buy and try it with one of their display models that support bluetooth.

...or, if you think the Palm Pre is "useless" you could just pick up another brand of phone... and miss out on just how USEFUL and amazing the Pre really is...

...I'm just sayin'
  5.    #5  
    Do not over emphasize the "useless", it wasn't meant in a bad way

I just can look ahead, right and left as well, if some can only look ahead and can't see the few cons this phone has it's your choice. I love it for some things but I could do with a proper GPS a proper Bluetooth and all the other apps I had in my previous Palm.
    I am assuming your carrier does not offer this as an add on? With Sprint and Verizon in the US I believe it is included with the phone. There were rumors a while ago of a Google map update that allowed turn by turn, but I have not hear anything about that in at least a month or Two.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I figured out how to get everything working with my Garmin 765t. It works great.

The trick was to change the GPS friendly name because Garmin uses a special character for the "U" in Nuvi.

Then I initiated the pairing from the phone instead of doing it from the GPS, and bingo. There are a couple of threads around here where someone came up with that... It wasn't me, but I sure was glad they took the time to figure it out.

I bet it will work with TomTom just fine.
    This could be "revolutionary" for the Pre but my search and advanced search didn't produce valid results, anyone knows how to do this? Ta
    By the style of your writing and grammar, I assume you are german. So no best buy for us, no upgrades and shiny verizon/sprint apps from o2... I'd wait it out until the pdk has passed beta and paid apps are available in europe. I feel your pain though. I have been with palm for a long time (still enjoy movies on my two zodiacs) and am horribly disappointed by this device in comparison to the old palm pdas. Software is not an issue though, it just takes time. Now if the hardware was actually not encapsuled in a fisher price toy, we could really have a decent phone here... No wait... The battery is crap aswell.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by tilman View Post
    No wait... The battery is crap aswell.
    aahaha, how true!!! made me laugh, I should cry but made me laugh
  10.    #10  
    Palm Pre and Garmin Nuvi - Palm Support Community

I think I found the thread you meant, has anybody tried this with the TomTom???
  11.    #11  
    Garmin: Garmin Mobile XT for Palm OS with GPS 10x twg Updates & Downloads

Okay, nobody tried with the TomTom, what about the Garmin? What a bamboo phone...
    What a bamboo thread, I travel a lot and appreciate and use the Sprint Navigation app.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    What a bamboo thread, I travel a lot and appreciate and use the Sprint Navigation app.
    Good for you. Are you assuming everybody has Sprint? Good thinking...

ps. I just liked the word bamboo to say in that phrase, I never thought someone would actually repeat it