1.    #1  
    I've had the Pre for 3 months now when it works, i love it.
    Problem is after 4 handsets (all hardware faults) and countless calls to O2 im about ready to throw in the towel.
    I have never owned a handset that promises so much but constantly lets you down.
    Im sick of missed/dropped calls, text messages arriving up to 3 days late, picture messages sometimes working sometimes not, video MMS not working full stop, battery life goes from great to ****e depending on the phase of the moon!, random lock ups and slow downs that require a luna restart etc etc etc.
    I held out for 1.4 hoping that things would improve enough to make me want to stay put, but although i like the video recording, new app splash screen and various other improvements there are still, in my opinion, too many downsides in the things that a basic handset should be able to do standing on its head IE: make and receive calls reliably, send and receive texts reliably, keep time!!
    I dont want to keep hanging on for the next fix only to be let down, right now i still have a ticket raised with O2 so could probably swap out for an alternative handset FOC, if i wait about too long i will probably have to pay for a replacement so you can see my dilemma :-(
    Should i stay or should i go-if i stay there could be trouble-if i go there could be double!!!!
    Any recommendations on alternate, but capable, handsets.....?
    get a pixi?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    If you havent been through an update on PALM before, trust me, just wait it out for 1.41.

you'll see. After any major upgrade (and this was probably the most major one yet), PALM always releases the "bug fix" update soon after.

This one is taking longer than they usually do (about a week or two is usual), but thats either because this was such a major upgrade, or now there are a lot of different carriers, or both.

Just wait on 1.41...If that doesnt satisfy, maybe you should look elsewhere....at least until the kinks get worked out.
    I understand your frustration because I've experienced every single one of those problems you've listed. I think you need (and deserve) to have a phone that works consistently and without hardware issues. The problem here is that you have no way of knowing whether the MMS, SMS and call issues are due to the Pre or the carrier.

In any case, I am holding on because I know that Palm's next device (Elan or whatever it may be) will address the hardware issues, and Palm have proven to us that they are willing to pull out all the stops to provide regular and effective software and app updates.

I can't remember in all the time I've had smartphones a company so dedicated to improving their platform and giving to the community.

So these are my reasons for sticking with Palm - you should be free to make your own decisions without being attacked or unduly influenced by others. Let us know what you decide
    peace man ! It will work out just gotta wait it out and if you can not well hope you find what ur looking for.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    "get a Pixi" ??? in the UK? dont think so, well not yet?
    Been thru 2 upgrades 1.3 whatever to 1.3.5.2 and now to 1.4.
    Im just concerned that if i hold on too long waiting for the "golden fix-all" upgrade i could end up disappointed and out of pocket if im forced to pay to exchange to a decent handset.
    My one saving grace is that im in almost constant contact with O2 Palm Pre support so my problems are well documented so i think the 30 day exchange rule would be hard for them to implement.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpcroft View Post
    "get a Pixi" ??? in the UK? dont think so, well not yet?
    Been thru 2 upgrades 1.3 whatever to 1.3.5.2 and now to 1.4.
    Im just concerned that if i hold on too long waiting for the "golden fix-all" upgrade i could end up disappointed and out of pocket if im forced to pay to exchange to a decent handset.
    My one saving grace is that im in almost constant contact with O2 Palm Pre support so my problems are well documented so i think the 30 day exchange rule would be hard for them to implement.
    Correct, the Pixi hasn't been announced here yet.