1.    #1  
    Hello,

All of a sudden my center button won't respond. I'm not sure what happened. I have webOS 1.4. Recently installed stuff includes the Duke 3d Game (preware) and Slacker Radio. The center button will light up and the gestures work (currently using backswipe to get out of an application).

Anyone ever had this happen to them? I'm gonna try doctoring it as I believe it to be a software issue (webos 1.4?)
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    Hello,

All of a sudden my center button won't respond. I'm not sure what happened. I have webOS 1.4. Recently installed stuff includes the Duke 3d Game (preware) and Slacker Radio. The center button will light up and the gestures work (currently using backswipe to get out of an application).

Anyone ever had this happen to them? I'm gonna try doctoring it as I believe it to be a software issue (webos 1.4?)
    Well, it's working now - not sure what happened. Did a hard reset that didn't work. I think I might have gotten some water in it (listening to pandora in the shower oops!). The pre takes a licking and keeps on ticking!
    As long as the gesture area still works you can get along without it. Instead of pressing the button, swipe up. Ever since I realized that I hardly even use the button.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    As long as the gesture area still works you can get along without it. Instead of pressing the button, swipe up. Ever since I realized that I hardly even use the button.
    Same here...I can't remember the last time I used that button. My wife on the other hand, uses it all the time
    Yeah, I have never used the button; swiping is much easier and comes more natural (and is more fun).

But, uh, yeah, taking your Pre into the shower isn't a good idea! Get a waterproof case for it if you must, or get one of those streaming things you put in the shower so you can listen to your music off your computer (or perhaps it will work with the Pre).
  6.    #6  
    LOL good suggestions - it is fun to listen to music in the shower, but not at the price of damaging the phone.

The middle buttons back to normal now (guess the moisture dried out). And I learned something new - the SWIPE UP in teh gesture area - very cool!