1.    #1  
    There are some great patches available to make the launcher transparent and remove the fade at the top and bottom of all apps.

However, I only want to change the launcher background/scrim and remove the launcher's fade at the bottom BUT without affecting any other apps.

Any suggestions?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...menu-fade.html
    here go look here try one of these patches they might work for you or just ask 22slow about what you want or need he may help you out.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    So the "Launcher Opacey" in Quickinstall doesn't work?
    yeah it does but it only changes the fade from 0% to 100% depending on how see through you want it . You won't actually be able to change the scrim or color or background with the webos tweak.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    I've tried the Menu-Fade Scrim patch which allows me to easily change the launcher background and it removes the fade but it also removes the fades in the rest of the apps like messaging, the browser, etc. I want to keep the fades in all but the launcher.
    In webOS quick install you need to do the following:

Tools -> Receive File:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png

Now you got the original scrim of the launcher on your computer, just in case. Copy it save and change that scrim.png to the color of your choice (even transparency is possible with i.e. with photoshop) or just create another scrim.png with the same values of height and width. Send that new scrim.png to the pre:

Tools -> Send File:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/

restart your pre and it should be applied. =)

Same works for the fades, except this time you need to do it with the following files in the same directory:

launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    launcher-page-fade-top.png

I made a semi-transparent black scrim and no fades, my pre looks way more professional by now. =)

Have fun!

/edit: I attached the scrims that are attached right now to my pre. Be sure to get the original scrims from your pre just in case. (If you happen to lose them despite, PM me, I still have them)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Day Pr Tomorrow; 03/16/2010 at 02:42 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Day Pr Tomorrow View Post
    In webOS quick install you need to do the following:

Tools -> Receive File:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/scrim.png

Now you got the original scrim of the launcher on your computer, just in case. Copy it save and change that scrim.png to the color of your choice (even transparency is possible with i.e. with photoshop) or just create another scrim.png with the same values of height and width. Send that new scrim.png to the pre:

Tools -> Send File:

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/images/

restart your pre and it should be applied. =)

Same works for the fades, except this time you need to do it with the following files in the same directory:

launcher-page-fade-bottom.png
    launcher-page-fade-top.png

I made a semi-transparent black scrim and no fades, my pre looks way more professional by now. =)

Have fun!
    This sounds great, thanks! Would you be so kind to attach your semi-transparent black scrim and a transparent bottomfade.png? I have ZERO graphical skills!
  8.    #8  
    Everything worked perfectly, thank you!!!