1.    #1  
    is there a codec patch to add midi files to your pre or if not can someone make one
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2308371

We already answered in your other thread. Posting multiple times with the same question is just going to annoy people.

No. There is no codec patch. MIDI is not a codec. Its an instrument pack based on capable hardware. You can't add MIDI support if the hardware can't play it.
  3.    #3  
    I'm brand knew to posting I never saw where my thread went. Can I get email notifications when ppl reply to my thread
    You can subscribe to the thread. Or, you can click on your name, and find all your posts. Or, you can click on your name, view public profile, and view all the threads you started.
    The first thing any poster should do is learn to use Advanced Search. In fact you really should be searching before you start a new thread, to see if it's already been discussed. You can search for posts by User (like all of your own posts, which I use to follow threads), or by Keywords (usually "topic only" is more effective). You can also try the "Subscribe" option under "Thread Tools".
    I usually point to the user CP in vBulletin sites, so you can see comments left by other users privately. One game site I'm on, we do a lot of trading in the forums. We use the comment section like eBay feedback, that way I can see if a trader is a sleazeball or not.
    Aren't there utilities available to convert MIDI files to MP3? That sounds like an easy answer to me.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Aren't there utilities available to convert MIDI files to MP3? That sounds like an easy answer to me.
    There are ways to use software to generate music (e.g. MP3 files) from a MIDI file. There are also software synthesizers (essentially the same thing). Generally these are pretty resource intensive ... a fair amount of disk space to hold all the samples for all the possible instruments, and enough CPU horsepower to generate the sound. Not sure if it's possible or not on a handheld like the Pre ... which has enough trouble just playing a simple sound file ... would be pushing the limits IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    There are ways to use software to generate music (e.g. MP3 files) from a MIDI file. There are also software synthesizers (essentially the same thing). Generally these are pretty resource intensive ... a fair amount of disk space to hold all the samples for all the possible instruments, and enough CPU horsepower to generate the sound. Not sure if it's possible or not on a handheld like the Pre ... which has enough trouble just playing a simple sound file ... would be pushing the limits IMO.
    Couldn't you use a service like this to convert your MIDIs to MP3 using your computer, then drag them to your Pre in USB mode?

Online Free MIDI to MP3/WAV Converter • HamieNET.com
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Couldn't you use a service like this to convert your MIDIs to MP3 using your computer, then drag them to your Pre in USB mode?

Online Free MIDI to MP3/WAV Converter • HamieNET.com
    Ah ... yes ... sure. I thought you were asking if someone might make such an automatic conversion for webOS ... my bad.
    Yeah, converting is absolutely possible. I do that daily, running a MIDI electronic drum kit into a 2424 via the MIDI ports, then running out into my comp for recording in Cubase. But yes, it's extremely processor intensive, which is why you don't see keyboard players on stage running multiple keyboards into a laptop for coversion to analog. MIDI mixer at best, most just daisychain to the main keyboard with the best onboard AD/DA outputs.