Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I was curious if this is possible I have my own buissness and I need an app or patch that would show my companys name on the peoples caller I'd when I call instead of just a cell number the company is us digital any help would be awesome thanks
  2. #2  
    Not that I'm aware of. Caller ID is carrier dependent. When I call somebody on my Sprint phone, it shows my name on the caller ID. When my mom calls me from her Verizon phone, it doesn't. Its not a function of the phone, at any rate.
  3. #3  
    Just call sprint and change the name on the account to your business name then thats what will show up in Caller ID
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Just call sprint and change the name on the account to your business name then thats what will show up in Caller ID
    He's not getting any name at all. Changing the name on the account won't accomplish anything.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    He's not getting any name at all. Changing the name on the account won't accomplish anything.
    He has to call the carrier and tell them what name he wants on the caller ID. When I first got my Pre (under a new number), I had to do this. Originally, when I called someone it only said "Wireless Caller" for the caller ID. After I called Sprint and specifically told them that I wanted my name listed for caller ID, they changed it and about 20 minutes later my name then started appearing when I called from my Pre.
  6. #6  
    Hmm........well, I did notice that when my landline carrier went from Verizon to Fairpoint (thanks Big V, I love this lousy new service you sold me.........) my name started showing up on my home caller ID. Nothing I actively did. Calling Sprint might help, but calling to see if the landline company supports caller ID with name from cell phones might be needed too.
  7. #7  
    i don't think that any name will show up unless they have you in their contacts -right? if they are using a cell phone -- i know that you can use the spoof card to change the number that someone see's on their device when you call but that costs money.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Hmm........well, I did notice that when my landline carrier went from Verizon to Fairpoint (thanks Big V, I love this lousy new service you sold me.........) my name started showing up on my home caller ID. Nothing I actively did. Calling Sprint might help, but calling to see if the landline company supports caller ID with name from cell phones might be needed too.
    I would agree with this except for one piece of anecdotal evidence: my sister has a Verizon cell and when she calls my home (on Verizon) it says "Wireless Caller". Yet when I call myself (from my Sprint Pre), it gives my name.

    So, that says to me that it depends on the carrier, because caller ID at my house has not changed (only the results when asking the carrier to modify the name).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    i don't think that any name will show up unless they have you in their contacts -right? if they are using a cell phone -- i know that you can use the spoof card to change the number that someone see's on their device when you call but that costs money.
    Caller ID on cells depends on the on-board contacts database. We are talking about general caller ID on house phones as received when being called from a cell phone.

    But you are right that the caller ID will only show on a cell if the person is in your contacts already. (At least that's been my experience.)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Caller ID on cells depends on the on-board contacts database. We are talking about general caller ID on house phones as received when being called from a cell phone.

    But you are right that the caller ID will only show on a cell if the person is in your contacts already. (At least that's been my experience.)
    Yep. Cellular carriers don't support Caller ID with Name. That even used to be a paid option at extra charge on landlines. Freebie caller ID was number only. May still be, for all I know. I've had it that long........

    You may be right on Sprint, but I do know it just showed my number before we got sold to Fairpoint, then my name started showing up. Pretty much the only reason I know this (it's not like I sit around calling my landline for giggles after a bunch of beers or something) is I check the caller ID log if I've been out, to see if I missed a call on the landline. Used to be I'd just see my cell number in there, "wireless caller" or whatnot, after Verizon sold my area to Fairpoint, I started showing up on the landline with name. I could have my sis call me from Verizon tonight, she never calls the landline, she and mom are both on Verizon, so free calling for them.
  11. #11  
    I actually thought it depended on what I put in my phone for the specific number. Let say you called me . Well since your not in my contacts it just shows the number calling. But if I already have you in my contacts by your name and number it will put the name I have written in my contacts and that the only way it has ever worked as far as I know.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. #12  
    That, yes, you're right. YOU have to put the name in your contacts, everybody not in your contacts calling your cell shows up as just a number. Sprint, Verizon, ATT, T-Mobile and the rest only support number-only caller ID. Landlines support both, I believe by default now. Used to be if you wanted caller ID, you paid $5 a month for number only, $7 or so a month for name and number. Even then, if I got a call from a Bell customer, I got name and number, but if I got a call from another landline carrier, I'd get just a number if they didn't have name support yet.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    I actually thought it depended on what I put in my phone for the specific number. Let say you called me . Well since your not in my contacts it just shows the number calling. But if I already have you in my contacts by your name and number it will put the name I have written in my contacts and that the only way it has ever worked as far as I know.
    As has already been stated (if you've read the thread), the caller ID when calling a land-line from a cell phone requires that you contact your wireless provider and tell them what name to use.

    For caller ID on the actual cell phone you need to have the contact in your phone's contact database in order for the name to show up.

    The OP is talking about caller ID on a land-line when called from a cell phone.

Posting Permissions