1.    #1  
    Most of you will remember I, the lovely and HOT "Dayvidpriddy" here on the forums last fall complaining about my Pre and it's numerous build quality problems. My biggest rant of them all was the number of dead pixels all over the screens (and not just my phone but any of the Pre's that I tried exchanging for-JUST HORRIBLE) and also the HORRIBLE light leakage around the screens bezel (where the piano black meets the LCD) it was just unbearable at night in dark areas u would see all this bright light seaping out around the screen. Ughhh!

So if I tried this again have the screens gotten better or are they still using cheap LCD screens with big fat stars all over the screen? Haha

I'm getting bored AGAIN with my BlackBerry, I'm to impatient to wait to see what Apple is doing in June (plus everyone has an iPhone) and quite frankly, I like text messaging being included in the data rate plan...that's just smart business sense and let's not forget nights that start at 7PM compared to all the other carriers that start at 9!

Thanks everyone and I look forward to returning to the forums.
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 03/16/2010 at 07:27 AM.
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
    my phone manufacture date is 6.6.09 and it has one dead or inactive I should say because it has color, it just does not change lol but I'm not bothered by it. I've heard that newer build phone are somewhat better than early builds though.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    Cool thanks for that...btw...I hear 1.4 now supports video recording. Does anyone know what resolution the phone records in and also what format? I'm assuming it does record audio with video as well, yes?

Thanks
    I don't use it so I wouldn't know lol not really into pics and vids sorry . Oh yes it does sound . At least I would hope so lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have zero dead pixels Oct09 build.
    Also I think I saw a pixel repair App in the catalog.
    haven't seen a single pre with a dead pixel. Not at any verizon store. Not mone. Not any I've seen in the wild. Get a Pre. As Ben Stiller says, "do iit. Do it. DO IT."
    Yeah, I have a release day Pre too, with no dead pixels. It is possible. If you want a Pre, get one. It's worth it.
    I've had two Pres, not one dead pixel, and my friend has had three, not one dead pixel.

It's really weird how some people with problems that few people have appear to be getting the same rare problem over and over again. I wonder if they sometimes "exchange" a Pre by giving it a wipe and a doctor and getting the same hardware back to the customer saying it's been fixed, just not to go through the hassle?

With what we keep hearing about store employees actively discouraging sales, it wouldn't surprise me. Less work for them, and only on the cost of Palm getting a bad name, which is great in their book because they can't be bothered to research more platforms than iPhone and Android.
    Newer build here, November sometime. No dead pixels, no light leakage, no "stuck" pixels. Still no coffeemaker, though.
    Last edited by fussnfeathers; 03/16/2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: I cna't type
    I've had 4 Pres, my wife 3 with no dead pixels. However I did recently do THREE swaps with Assurion, each with oreo and keyboard issues. But that's assurion.

I think you will be pleasantly pleased with the progress the phone has made. Between the updates and patches, the phone is a blast.
    My first pre had one dead pixel that was dead center. I had it replaced due to other reasons.

My second pre was great up until it got stuck in headset mode and Sprint Tech support replaced it before I came here and found a fix for the problem.

My third pre (current) is great EXCEPT for some light leakage around the bezel. It's not bad, but it's noticable. I don't wanna take my battery out right now to see the build date, but I know it's an early build because when I got it, it still had 1.1.0 installed and I had hell updating to 1.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Cool thanks for that...btw...I hear 1.4 now supports video recording. Does anyone know what resolution the phone records in and also what format? I'm assuming it does record audio with video as well, yes?

Thanks
    The resolution is 640x480.
    My phone has light leakage...but i only notice in my bed room at night with the blinds shut.

Seriously.
    I had one sticking & ran Dead Pixel Fixer to repair it. My 2-year old loves the app as well!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisott9628 View Post
    The resolution is 640x480.
    Thanks Chris for the info for the vid resolution...I don't know why it's not posted anywhere online. I searched my *** off to find it before asking it here. I hear Radio Shack is now offering the phone for free thru the end of March for new customers...guess where I'm heading lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Thanks Chris for the info for the vid resolution...I don't know why it's not posted anywhere online. I searched my *** off to find it before asking it here. I hear Radio Shack is now offering the phone for free thru the end of March for new customers...guess where I'm heading lol.
    Good luck! Hope you get a good one.