1.    #1  
    Hello everybody -

New Palm Pre user here. I've only had the phone for a day (bought a refurbed one) and I have to say that i REALLY like it. I have one major nagging issue and that is constant lockups. If I am working on the phone, it never happens. My issue comes up if I let the phone just sit for two minutes (the display normally is supposed to turn off i think,) but my problem is that 9 times out of 10, I cant get the screen to come back and the only way to get my phone back on is to do a battery pull.

Same thing happens if i hit the power/lock button at the top right side of the phone. I might be able to get the phone to to come back to life once in 9-10 times. All other times require a battery pull, and then the thing will boot back up when i hit the power button.

I've read on here about 'loose' battery area's and i do not have that problem. Battery is in there VERY snug(it is one of the newer ones), and just in case, I already tried the 'few pieces of paper' fix to no avail. This issue will happen to my phone if i just let it sit... i dont even need to touch it.

Phone is on the 1.4 OS - i let it do its update thing on my way home from the sprint store i had it activated at.

Here are my questions -

Has anybody experienced a similar problem, and had it NOT be related to the battery? I truly do not think it is related to that problem.

I bought the phone refurbed off of ebay. Activation went quick and without a hitch. I DO have the full T.E.P. insurance on the phone. If i were to take this refurbed phone covered under T.E.P. to a Sprint tech store, would they swap it in-house? Would i owe anything? Seems to me this is a major fault from the manufacturer, and not anything i did to the dang thing.

What happens to the programs/numbers/etc that I have already stored on the phone? If I understand correctly, everything is already backed up by palm, so if the store were to swap phones for me, when i signed into my 'palm profile' everything would be transferred to the new phone?

Thanks for any help/insight you can give! I have 9 hours left at work here to suffer with a phone that is semi-functional!

Zach
    if your on sprint it should be covered under palm,s 1 year warranty I would take it to sprint and let them look at it. Your problems could be a glitch that's in the 1.4 update. So you could wait for the fix which is said to be coming soon from palm . Its up to you. Alot of people are having the luna restarts but not quiet that bad lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3.    #3  
    If i'm reading right on my research, a luna reset is when the phone actually reboots itself. I WISH I had that problem. My problem is the thing just fails to react to any button push or gesture... other than removing the battery. fml

edit: yes... I am with sprint.
    I would first try using the webos doctor and see if maybe you just got a bad install. Jjust download web doctor for 1.4 and run it on ur phone it could fix ur problems. If you do that message me when your done and I will tell you a few thing you can change in settings to make it run smoother.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I would just take it to sprint and see what they say first...there is a good possibility they just replace it out for you. All your contacts, calendars, apps, and email accounts will transfer automatically. Given you've only had your phone for a day, it's better to do this now then after putting more pics, videos, music on there that won't transfer.
  6.    #6  
    Welp... just to update. My phone now has an exclamation point and a link to a website for the palm doctor program.

Dunno *** is going on. i guess I'll have to run that tonight when I get home from work before throwing in the towel and heading to the sprint store that is 45 miles away.

i will update again this evening once I get a chance to run the doctor program. Hope this fixes the problems.
    I had this issue as soon as I updated to 1.4 so I tried a visit to the doctor to no avail. I took it to Sprint, they swapped it with another refurbished one and the problem went away.
  8.    #8  
    Just got done doctoring to 1.4. It is still syncing my outlook emails and facebook contacts, but I've hit the power button numerous times and the issue, so far, seems to have gone away. I wont get too excited until it lasts like this all night. Will update later tonight or when it effs up again... whichever comes first!
  9.    #9  
    Fail. The doctoring worked for 20 minutes. Messed up again. :@
    man i would just get it replaced if i were you!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  11.    #11  
    Just doctored back to the 1.3.5.1. Will leave it like this over night and see if the same issue pops up. When it comes back, I'm likely headed to the sprint store tomorrow. Tired of dicking with it.

Double fail. Just called the local sprint stores and nobody does 'in store swaps' anymore. They are all done via 'e-tickets' and then a refurbed/new phone is shipped to you.

GRRRRRRRRRR. I really really wish I would have gone to have an 'e-ticket' filled out TODAY.
    Last edited by shaferz; 03/16/2010 at 07:59 PM.
    sorry man its most likely gonna be fixed in the update that will be out in the next week or two .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  13.    #13  
    Replacement phone will be here tomorrow by noon. I'm ready to kick some ovaries!