1.    #1  
    So my palm pixi has awful battery life.
    i use it till it fully dies and charge it all night long
    and i dont take it off the charger till im out the door.
    i use my phone for alot of texting and mild internet use.
    it'll be 100% for the first few mins or so
    than within the hour it drops to 90%
    i have turned off Data, Location services
    and all that at one point and the battery still drops like crazy!

would this be a problem with the battery or does everyone
    experiance this?

how could i fix this?

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Humongous fonts drain batteries fast.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    What email do you use? If you use yahoo or hotmail try changing to time it updates. I started with a 5 mintue interval and changed it to 30 min and it improved dramaticlly. Also, hows your signal strength for your phone? That also plays a huge part it in, the better the signal the longer your battery will last.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    What email do you use? If you use yahoo or hotmail try changing to time it updates. I started with a 5 mintue interval and changed it to 30 min and it improved dramaticlly. Also, hows your signal strength for your phone? That also plays a huge part it in, the better the signal the longer your battery will last.
    i dont use email and my signal strength is always good.
    so i don't know what the problem is :\ and i have two different
    batterys and both do the same thing so i have no clue..
    I leave my phone on the charger until I walk out the door and use it for internet/texting and don't see it drop to 90% until about 2 hours of use. However, I toggle internet on and off for whenever I need it since I know it's a BIG battery waster. I've experimented with my phone a bit and honestly heavy multitasking is it's killer, along with signal. I really have no clue how to combat this besides getting an extended battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    if you set ur email to check every 5 minutes and so the battery life doesn't get better it gets worse because ur phone is checking every so minutes. It's better to have the email as they arrive usess less battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Humongous fonts drain batteries fast.
    you had me laughing out loud on this comment....

I would do a quick search on battery saving tips in the forums as there are numerous ones. A few that are common are:

- turn your brightness down all the way
    - don't leave messaging on at all times (yahoo or gmail)
    - change the update frequency for email to every 15 minutes (I personally use manual so it doesn't check until I hit the refresh button)

and many more. I will tell you though, that if you're running the battery until it's dead, you're going to need more than an 8-12 hours charge to fully cap that battery. You should bring your charger with you wherever you go for the next couple of days and just let it sit on the charger for a good 24-48 hours to get a full top-off of the battery. Just because it says 100% at the top does not necessarily mean it's fully charged.
    Last edited by sf_basilix; 03/16/2010 at 01:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    if you set ur email to check every 5 minutes and so the battery life doesn't get better it gets worse because ur phone is checking every so minutes. It's better to have the email as they arrive usess less battery.
    Does webOS use push or is it connected to the server the whole time?
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Does webOS use push or is it connected to the server the whole time?
    As best I know, webOS does use push.
    Then I'll use push instead of every 15 minutes, since I don't get e-mail alot. Seems like it would save battery anyways. Hopefully!