Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Hi, I don't know what is going on but my EV won't turn on nor does my brother's on his Palm pre. This started yesterday morning and it's still happening has this happened to anyone else ?

Thanks,

Lucki
    not happening to me in fact im posting from my pre perhaps you're in an area with poor service if not try a restart
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Yes I figured but I have restarted about 20 times and it had been fine before yesterday we live in same place so I don't get what is going on ! thanks tho!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Im in Chicago and the past couple days ive had horrible coverage, I get data but it comes in and out very rapidly.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Hrm ^ I see like mine and my brothers keep saying cannot find data connection over and over !
    Are you sure you are not on roam only? Is there an "R" on top next to the signal?
    There was also a problem last month I think where some members had a similar issue. I came back after a day or two. Something with the system being worked on. You are not one of the lucky one that are getting the towers upgraded with the addition of 4G cells are you?

As far as Chicago - It might be the wind. LOL
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I noticed a drop in signal here for a few days, I still had EVDO, but it was Rev 0, not Rev A as usual. Seems to have fixed itself at some point, haven't had a problem since.
    This is a shot in the dark but did you check and see if the data usage is on in the phone preferences, and data roaming is enabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucki View Post
    Hi, I don't know what is going on but my EV won't turn on nor does my brother's on his Palm pre. This started yesterday morning and it's still happening has this happened to anyone else ?

Thanks,

Lucki
    I had the same issue about 2 weeks ago. I ended up calling Sprint from another phone and they guided me through some steps to get it going again. The first round of steps didn't work with the Tier 1 Support so I was sent to Tier 2. Tier 2 also had me replicate the process from Tier 1 with no results...in the end Tier 2 had me do a phone reset. Lost all my stuff, it sucked. But the EV symbol came back!
    That's worth a try. I had that happen on a Sanyo flip phone, couldn't make or receive calls out of the blue. Tier 3 walked me through resetting it completely, right down to reprogramming the number, solved the problem. He said then it wasn't a hardware or software problem on my end, so take that for what it's worth. Not just a Pre issue.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I had the same issue about 2 weeks ago. I ended up calling Sprint from another phone and they guided me through some steps to get it going again. The first round of steps didn't work with the Tier 1 Support so I was sent to Tier 2. Tier 2 also had me replicate the process from Tier 1 with no results...in the end Tier 2 had me do a phone reset. Lost all my stuff, it sucked. But the EV symbol came back!
    Yes I called they the first option didn't work they want me to reset the phone and I don't want to !
    Yes I called they the first option didn't work they want me to reset the phone and I don't want to !
    You sound like my 24 year old daughter.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    I don't want to take off my favorite Spongebob underpants every day to wash them, but I do want a date eventually.
    they didnt say, or did you ask, about an outage in your area?

its odd that both your phones would be doing this and it's not somehow related to a network issue.
    Wow!
    It's literally unfixable. It happened to my Pre Plus and I had verizon reps both in store and on phone try to fix it. We must have spent 6 hours total on it. It happened twice. A new third phone fixed the problem.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Ok the problem was fixed after updating network settings and also my phone line had been compromised.. some idiots from jamica keep calling is this happening to anyone else? really really annoying calling me @ 4 am !!