1.    #1  
    Okay this has been driving me insane over the past week or so.

I had installed an iPhone theme with PreWare and all these different apps and then without knowing I had to uninstall them I went ahead and updated to 1.4. Now ever since I updated to 1.4 my preware wont work, nor would my filecoaster. I go ahead and try to restore it with the Doctor and it wont even connect to the damn PC. Drivers are installed properly and everything is installed properly, I gave up on the idea thinking maybe its because I was using Windows 7, then I went ahead and used another FRESH install of XP after installing all the drivers, same story. The pre wont connect to the PC.

Now I am starting to think its my Pre, I got my hands on my friends Pixi connected it and its the same story, I installed that stupid novacom crap and then after that I click on connect and I get nothing, it says that there is no device connected to the PC, on 3 different pcs and two different palms. *** is going on?????

Anybody!
    Same problem here. I have to twiddle around with the usb plug a lot to get it working for a short period of time.
    i have no problem so it must be something on both of your ends
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i have no problem so it must be something on both of your ends
    dude that is so not helpful
    Are you making the device go into USB recovery mode before connecting it to your PC?
    No I dont think so. Im just connecting the phone to the computer without doing any previous steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    dude that is so not helpful
    its the truth and it is helpful to know that it's not a pre problem there's something wrong on their end
    I'd pretty much have to agree. One phone with multiple computers, that could be a phone problem related to not uninstalling themes and patches before updating the OS. Two or more phones on one computer, that's an issue with the doctor, could likely be a Java issue. Multiple phones, multiple computers, multiple computer OS'? User error somewhere.

Get the lastest version of doctor from Palm directly. Run the tool FIRST, don't connect your phone first then run the program. Wait for the doctor to tell you to connect. Obviously, use the cable that came with the phone.

If that doesn't work, for some odd reason, make sure you're on an administrative account on your computer. You shouldn't have to be, but you are running a scripted program. XP and Windows 7 both will cause issues if you try to operate a script without permissions. If THAT doesn't work, see if Sprint or Verizon has a newer version of the doctor for your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    No I dont think so. Im just connecting the phone to the computer without doing any previous steps.
    OK. Try this:

1. Reboot PC.
    2. Turn off phone.
    3. Connect phone to USB cable.
    4. While holding UP on the volume, connect USB cable to PC.
    5. Keep holding the UP on volume and press and hold the power button on the phone.
    6. Release the Up and power buttons when you see the black screen with white USB symbol.
    7. You should now be able to use Preware and/or webOS Doctor.
    I had a problem like this. I ordered a replacement PALM cable and USB came back. The other cable still works for charging, but something must have snapped a bit in the cord.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    are you in developer mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    OK. Try this:

1. Reboot PC.
    2. Turn off phone.
    3. Connect phone to USB cable.
    4. While holding UP on the volume, connect USB cable to PC.
    5. Keep holding the UP on volume and press and hold the power button on the phone.
    6. Release the Up and power buttons when you see the black screen with white USB symbol.
    7. You should now be able to use Preware and/or webOS Doctor.
    I managed to get the black screen with USB symbol but my windows still not detecting the pre! Please help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtswerg View Post
    I had a problem like this. I ordered a replacement PALM cable and USB came back. The other cable still works for charging, but something must have snapped a bit in the cord.
    I'd try a new cable n report back when I get hold of a new cable.
    Go to your Task Manager and check the Services tab. If Novacom isn't running, start it. If it is already running, stop the service and then start it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Go to your Task Manager and check the Services tab. If Novacom isn't running, start it. If it is already running, stop the service and then start it again.
    Newman, thanks for reply. I've done tht. But my windows still can't 'see' my Pre when it's plug in. Other USB device working fine.
    Ok, I've got myself a new cable and it works perfectly. Thanks guys for all ur helps.