Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I don't know if this is a daylight savings time issue or what?

I just noticed that all my google calendar events have been pushed back an hour, for instance: I had an even scheduled for the TV program coiming on at 8pm called House. I just looked at it is scheduled for 9 on my pre and checked google calendar on the web, same thing. as i go through all of my events they are the same?

Please Help! What Happened?
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
  2. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    I don't know if this is a daylight savings time issue or what?

I just noticed that all my google calendar events have been pushed back an hour, for instance: I had an even scheduled for the TV program coiming on at 8pm called House. I just looked at it is scheduled for 9 on my pre and checked google calendar on the web, same thing. as i go through all of my events they are the same?

Please Help! What Happened?
    Did you make sure your Google calendar was set for your correct time zone? It sounds like that's your issue if the events are off-time on both your Pre and Google calendars...Go to the settings tabs on your Google calendar via the computer, and then check what time zone you have listed....
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Did you make sure your Google calendar was set for your correct time zone? It sounds like that's your issue if the events are off-time on both your Pre and Google calendars...Go to the settings tabs on your Google calendar via the computer, and then check what time zone you have listed....
    Yep checked that! Time zone is set to Eastern Standard time on google calendar. Noticed that even when I tried to "correct" an event, I changed it from 9 back to 8 and "saved" it, it still shows up as 9? don't know if that helps
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)
    I have had the same problem for both 'fall backward' & 'spring forward'. All of my calendar events have moved by 1 hour depending on the time of year and I only use the calendar in the Pre, none other. I use no outside calendars. Last fall I actually re-entered all my events just incase I did something wrong. They worked until Sunday the 14th, they all moved without exception 1 hour ahead. Why does something so simple cause so many problem!?! My Centro never did this!
    Add me to the list of people with google calendar setting appointments ahead 1 hr. It was only for the appointments which I manually listed. For example, My Utah Jazz calendar times are all correct. However, my meetings for tomorrow which I added a few weeks ago are all ahead 1 hr. I too checked my google time zone and everything was correct.

I also had the problem yesterday with the time on the lock screen being correct but on the top bar it was 1 hr behind. I am not sure if these are related or not? It sure was a pain to have to go through the calendar & change all of the times though.... Hope they figure this bug out...
  6. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Yep checked that! Time zone is set to Eastern Standard time on google calendar. Noticed that even when I tried to "correct" an event, I changed it from 9 back to 8 and "saved" it, it still shows up as 9? don't know if that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by hobiedon View Post
    I have had the same problem for both 'fall backward' & 'spring forward'. All of my calendar events have moved by 1 hour depending on the time of year and I only use the calendar in the Pre, none other. I use no outside calendars. Last fall I actually re-entered all my events just incase I did something wrong. They worked until Sunday the 14th, they all moved without exception 1 hour ahead. Why does something so simple cause so many problem!?! My Centro never did this!
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    Add me to the list of people with google calendar setting appointments ahead 1 hr. It was only for the appointments which I manually listed. For example, My Utah Jazz calendar times are all correct. However, my meetings for tomorrow which I added a few weeks ago are all ahead 1 hr. I too checked my google time zone and everything was correct.

I also had the problem yesterday with the time on the lock screen being correct but on the top bar it was 1 hr behind. I am not sure if these are related or not? It sure was a pain to have to go through the calendar & change all of the times though.... Hope they figure this bug out...
    Try going to the Date & Time "app" on your phone, and make sure that "Network Time Zone" is OFF, and then manually select your time zone. I found out months ago that there's some strange compatibility issue where my Pre was indicating I was in the Cayman Islands for time zone, even though I'm not, when I was allowing the Pre to automatically find my time zone. Because the Cayman Islands does not handle daylight savings time the same way my location does, appointments were only showing up correctly during certain times of the year. This may also be the same bug affecting all of you? And to alleviate any concerns you may have off the bat, if you try this, your phone will still get it's TIME updates from your phone network, but it just won't get messed up by this time zone issue. I properly updated for daylights savings time with no problems (calendar or otherwise) with this setting OFF. Give it a shot, and see if it doesn't fix your problem like it did mine....
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    Try going to the Date & Time "app" on your phone, and make sure that "Network Time Zone" is OFF, and then manually select your time zone. I found out months ago that there's some strange compatibility issue where my Pre was indicating I was in the Cayman Islands for time zone, even though I'm not, when I was allowing the Pre to automatically find my time zone. Because the Cayman Islands does not handle daylight savings time the same way my location does, appointments were only showing up correctly during certain times of the year. This may also be the same bug affecting all of you? And to alleviate any concerns you may have off the bat, if you try this, your phone will still get it's TIME updates from your phone network, but it just won't get messed up by this time zone issue. I properly updated for daylights savings time with no problems (calendar or otherwise) with this setting OFF. Give it a shot, and see if it doesn't fix your problem like it did mine....
    One of the first things i tried and it did NOT work! Still at a loss
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Some of my calendar entries have also shifted by an hour, and I can't change them from the Pre's calendar app.

I guess when I get to my PC I'll log in and try to change them back there. (Which leads me to ask, "***"!)

The Pre's calendar get's more unusable every update.
    Same here! First thing I did as well and then did a reset. It is some sort of a bug but I cannot pin point what is causing this because it appears to be random. I do have a friend with a pre & his wife has a pixi with the same problem we have spoken of here....
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    Same here! First thing I did as well and then did a reset. It is some sort of a bug but I cannot pin point what is causing this because it appears to be random. I do have a friend with a pre & his wife has a pixi with the same problem we have spoken of here....
    Got me stumped - I'm fresh out of ideas. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I'm glad I haven't been affected by this I'm totally intrigued as to what's causing this though. If you figure it out, definitely post back...Good luck! I wish I could have been of more help.....
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    It appears that Google calendar hasn't been updated to account for the DST law changes back in 2007. For the three weeks between the new and old DST start dates in the spring, the times shift forward by an hour. There were similar problems last fall, in the week between the old and new DST end dates.

I got burned this morning by showing up an hour late for a doctor's appointment that I had made months ago. Funny thing was that I looked at the time and was thinking that the calendar was wrong, but Google's web interface also had the same (incorrect) time.

Point-forward, I am always writing the time into a calendar entry's title text.....
  12. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    It appears that Google calendar hasn't been updated to account for the DST law changes back in 2007. For the three weeks between the new and old DST start dates in the spring, the times shift forward by an hour. There were similar problems last fall, in the week between the old and new DST end dates.

I got burned this morning by showing up an hour late for a doctor's appointment that I had made months ago. Funny thing was that I looked at the time and was thinking that the calendar was wrong, but Google's web interface also had the same (incorrect) time.

Point-forward, I am always writing the time into a calendar entry's title text.....
    For whatever it's worth, I have a Google Apps Premier account, and I have not experienced any problems at all, and I use my calendar very heavily. If it is a Google problem, perhaps it's only isolated to some of their servers? I've never experienced any such service issue with Google. The only time I ever experienced a calendar issue was when an old hosted Exchange account was being hosted on a German server (and I'm in the US). My Google calendar has always been perfect. Anyway, I hope you can get to the bottom of this....
    so will Google fix this automatically? or should I update all of the entries that are wrong?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    so will Google fix this automatically? or should I update all of the entries that are wrong?
    I got sick of waiting and broke down and "fixed" them manually mostly just reoccuring events, actually with this also combined a lot of the daily ones into "one" event that repeats weekly on certain days! Do this from google calendar online and it works pretty slick and easy! Plus it will push all the changes to your pre in just a few min!

should NOT HAVE HAD TO RESORT TO THIS BUT IT DID WORK PRETTY EASILY!
    Last edited by plcd22; 03/17/2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: couple words were missing :(
    i've seen a similar issue - a few random events in my calendar are showing the wrong time. i tried changing on my pre, but it didn't "take." i was able to change it successfully using my computer & the web google calendar interface. the weirdest thing is that it's random events... most of them are OK, it's just a couple that are wrong. no rhyme or reason as far as where/how i entered them.

i also have a weekly repeating event (started in january, continues through may) that is not being shown on my pre, but it shows up in the web google calendar. i'm not sure why it isn't displaying; other repeating events (weekly, monthly, etc) are correctly displaying.
    Travelled to Tokyo and left network time enabled. All my appointments were off 12 hours, so I turned off network stuff and set time zones manually to home. My appointments are on time, but the time is now off 12 hours. I never had this kind of trouble with the Treo, it's kinda rediculous.
    I just love cloud computing!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton