Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    On the heels of Palm's latest "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" ad campaign, I see a glaring opportunity to do the webOS family a bit of a favour (Canadian spelling).

What can I do?
    GET VIRAL! The time is now to act! The goal of viral marketing is to make people research the product on their own time. No one wants to be force-fed bullet points.

So, the goal is to update your social networking (facebook, twitter, myspace) with the marketing tagline: "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing." AND NOTHING ELSE (if using twitter, use #lifemovesfastdontmissathing to trend it). If we have strength in numbers, people will start to wonder what all the commotion is about. There are over a million webOS users out there, and now is the time to heed the call!

Why do this?
    To gain mindshare. If you're like me, you see the growing potential of webOS and it pains you to think of future without it.

If we can even trend twitter or google with the catch-phrase, it will generate that much more interest in palm's products.

We're all in this together, and we all need to show Palm that we care too.

When?
    Great! You've made it this far in the post and that alone deserves some credit. On the below dates, everyone who is on board will change their facebook status, tweet, update your IM status, and so on to "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing":

• March 25th, 2010
    • April 8th, 2010
    • April 15th, 2010

It's important to all target this on a specific date in order to make a ripple in the internet ocean. Strength in numbers!

Sounds good! What can I do now?
    There's more you can do now to spread the cause. Let's infect the internet!

1. Join the following facebook group to receive updates. I will send group-wide messages on the planned dates
    2. Get this posted on your favourite blog! Especially PreCentral *wink wink*!
    3. Spread the word! The more people the bigger the wave!
    4. Add a link to this post to your PreCentral forum signature:Time to get VIRAL

Strength in numbers, everyone! We need a good chunk of members to make this thing work!

--------
    March 25th Note from Dieter - Contest!
    Step 1: Follow @precentral on twitter: http://twitter.com/precentral or become a fan on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/PreCentral/302590648983

Step 2: Tweet or set your status message to "Life Moves Fast. Don't Miss a Thing."

Step 3: We pick three random followers (1 twitter, 2 facebook) to win a Touchstone.Contest ends at midnight eastern, March 25th. You must tweet or set your status to win!

(sorry for jumping into your post, neville )
    --------
    Last edited by neville; 04/04/2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Sounds good, we just need a MASSIVE amount of people for this

For the love of pete's sake, please do not use April 1st.
    oops, i just changed my facebook status now.
    I'm game. I joined the group just now while reading. Let's get together and do this. We show our developers love, let's show the company they're helping to develop love too.
    I love it. And I'd like to add another suggestion. Make sure you submit a user review on your carrier site, and on Amazon.com. That's REALLY important.

If you look at Verizon, The Pre is rated higher than every phone EXCEPT the Motorola Droid, and it is only 1/2 star behind...

If you read the reviews, they are mostly glowing. The few that are negative generally state things that aren't true, so it's a shame that they misinform the reader.

But, get to Verizon or Sprint and REVIEW THE PHONE - hint... it's a 5-star phone.

Then get to Amazon and do the same. Be honest in your review, but tell people how much you like WebOS. User reviews carry a lot of power!
    DO NOT do this on April 1st. What are you thinking?

Palm, if you are reading this. Pay attention to the spike in sales this will produce, and then get to work solving the stuff we are asking you for... This will prove the value of your loyal customer base and the value of Pre/Central!
    Seriously, April 1st might not be such a great idea...
  8.    #8  
    fair enough, moved from april 1st to april 15th (two week separation between each one)
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Seriously, April 1st might not be such a great idea...
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    count me in, support the movement
    I posted up that new commercial on the Facebook page btw. :-)
    great idea! I'm up for it!
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Great idea. I've put the dates in my calendar for reminders, and posted reviews at both Sprint and Amazon.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Add some pictures on their and vids too!
    Oops, I got excited and updated my FB page and IM status line before I read it down to where the dates were specified. I'm leaving it, BUT I will re-post the same line on the dates noted here. I love this idea!!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    follow me on twitter also...

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    This is a great idea. I think it's often forgotten that users can sell or discourage a device / product more than any advertising campaign can ever do.

It's good to see so many users pulling together for a great product a great OS and from this if we see a spike in sales, we know what to attribute it to
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I am in!! Love my phone and I push Palm WebOS to Family and friends!!
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Ive joined the group...as long as i remember to do this, I will on every date. good idea.

I'll put it in my calendar w/ reminders
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast