Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnney5 View Post
    I've asked Palm, as a reward, if they could get me a pillow in the shape of a pre. Over twitter, they said they would if one existed. I'm scouring etsy right now...
    Not sure about a pillow, but I did buy the Pre soap someone had on Etsy. Unscented and Preliciously cool looking. (Haven't actually used it as soap, of course; water is bad for the health of both real and pretend Pres.) {Jonathan}
    Quote Originally Posted by agbenson View Post
    www.lifemovesfastdontmissathing.com is mine/ours, working on getting a basic site set up now!

currently, I think its going to be quite plain initially, but I will add more as time goes, once again, any ideas are welcome.
    Hrm ideas...

Plain background with the text Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing. Right below that a pulsing start button.
    Pressing the start button takes you to another page with a blurred background with the youtube video in the middle.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Personally, I am getting really frustrated with the fact that I continue to sell friends/coworkers on how awesome the Pre is, but when they get to the Sprint or Verizon store the reps push Android phones on them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    Personally, I am getting really frustrated with the fact that I continue to sell friends/coworkers on how awesome the Pre is, but when they get to the Sprint or Verizon store the reps push Android phones on them!!!
    They push those phones because they dont have oreo slider issues, dont have freeze-up issues, and dont have major issues with software updates.

I love my PRE, but I dont blame the reps for pushing other phones. Returned phones and disgruntled customers are negative any way you look at it. PALM NEEDS TO GIVE REPS AND CUSTOMERS A REASON FOR WANTING TO BUY AND KEEP THESE PHONES!
    There were ONLY THREE new user reviews of the Verizon Pre Plus on Amazon.com yesterday. Am I the only one on this thread that has Verizon? That's just astounding. There were twice as many Pre reviews added to the Sprint model on Amazon yesterday, and they are up to about 120 total reviews.

Everyone please post a Verizon review.
    initial version of LifeMovesFastDontMissAThing.com is up, let me know what you think!
    Last edited by agbenson; 03/17/2010 at 03:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by agbenson View Post
    initial version of LifeMovesFastDontMissAThing.com is up, let me know what you think!
    Getting the Web server's default page...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Love this idea! I'll do this on all of those days, btw. Get ready!
    Last edited by Seb_or_Sam; 03/17/2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: fixed a typo.
    Hmm, works w/o the www. but not with... I will figure out why in a bit, but for now, just go to lifemovesfastdontmissathing.com

sorry about that

(Edit 4:48 CST) Working now
    Last edited by agbenson; 03/17/2010 at 04:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    looks great agbenson.

I'd suggest having the bit at the bottom just say 'April 8 2010'
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    looks great agbenson.

I'd suggest having the bit at the bottom just say 'April 8 2010'
    I second that. And if you could whip up an image in Palm's Coconut font, that might be nice as well...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Changed the date. looks much better this way

The font is the same one used on Palm's website, as well as in their new TV ad. If you can find a source for the font used in their logo, I would like to have it available, but was unable to find it...

I will also add a tracking script so we can see how many people visit the site later tonight.

As always, any feedback is welcome, I am happy to work with anyone who has ideas to help make it better!

Also, thought i would mention that if someone wants to mention this all to Derek or Dieter or whoever, now that we have a website, even a basic one, I'm all for it! We have something to get excited about now
    I was also thinking of making it just say "Life Moves Fast." then a couple seconds after it loads, have "Don't Miss a Thing." fade in, what do you guys think?
    I think this is cool! And don't let the cool-aid (apple flavor) drinkers get us down!

Keep up the great work everyone!

PS sold my wife on a pixi and now I'm waiting for my contract to be up but don't worry no sales guys/gals will move my vote for a pre +!!!
    anyone interested should write testomonials about the Pre (plus) and Pixi (plus), that would be one of the things we need on a site to sell these phones! Tell me what you love, leave the dislikes out for this one, they are important, but this is an ad for palm, right? if you want, give me a star rating (5 )
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Getting the Web server's default page...
    Get a link on the wayyy bottom right to force people to look for an explanation. The link could direct to this thread or to the video palm made for 'live moves fast' or an awesome review; SOMETHING.
    Seems like you all have lost interest in this, c'mon, we can make this big, but we need to spread the word!

I have the tracking script up, so we can measure our success.
    Are you kidding me? If Verizon has only sold 19 Pre Plus phones, then this viral idea isn't going to work.

If they have sold more, then why aren't the PreCentral faithful writing reviews???

I am so disappointed that we aren't leveraging the most powerful aspect of on-line community.

This is really frustrating. Quit reading this thread and go write a review!!!!!!!
    I am with you on this catnaffordit
    over 4000 people plus have looked at this thread...take 5 minutes in your life while you are on the jon, train, , bus and write a review!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast