Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    So are you asking to help Palm do it's own marketing?

Sigh. I JUST left the palm world after 10 years. The hardware and software just pales in comparison to the Iphone. I tried and tried and tried and palm fails. Ever since Handspring disintegrated it's been a long downhill ride.

Palm had plenty of chances to fix their issues/address it's users. I gave up. I've had enough of the LAG, enough of the crashes, enough of the lack of software and closed SDK of the Palm Pre... Farewell everyone, see you on the other side.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    It just makes me sick to see people that paid Palm, do their work for them also.
    So, you must just hate it when all of the tech bloggers, pundits, and journalists (both tech and mainstream) shill for Apple and Google. I mean, what else is Leo LaPorte doing when he's waxing o.r.g.a.s.mic over his Nexus One? And if you think that hasn't contributed to Apple's success with the iPhone and Google's success with Android, you're nuts.

I think we're just doing something here to level the playing field a bit. And speaking for myself, I want this platform to succeed. I mean, I do the same for the Indianapolis Colts during football season, and certainly they're benefitting from all of the "work" we fans do in promoting them everywhere we go with t-shirts, caps, watercooler discussions, etc., etc. If I'll do it for my favorite professional football team, why shouldn't I do it for my favorite smartphone maker?

I mean, seriously. If you don't like something, just ignore it.
    Last edited by wynand32; 03/16/2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    My thoughts exactly. If you like Palm/webOS, why wouldn't you want other people to have it/hear about it? I want palm/webOS to succeed, so they can continue to have capital and continue developing/improving their software/hardware for ME to enjoy.

Guaranteed for zorro, you're going to be doing the same amount of complaining with your iphone and/or the coverage.
    Facebook gives me diarrhea.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnney5 View Post
    Guaranteed for zorro, you're going to be doing the same amount of complaining with your iphone and/or the coverage.
    I don't think so. So far NO complaints, and WAY better. Multitudes better than anything ever offered by Palm.

Don't get me wrong, I've been VERY pro-Palm and anti-Iphone. I just finally tasted the kool-aid and its WAY yummier.

At&T had issues with network in the past, a new study shows them on top of reliability over other 3. Also, the 14 billion they are dumping into the network RIGHT NOW, will only make it better. Those coverage maps on TV are propaganda. Do the research and it's superior than others.

As for the marketing question- it just proves how horrible Palm is at Hardware, software, and marketing, if it's own userbase needs to help them "level the playing field." It's sad. But I understand. I WAS you people. I'm here in a final farewell post to let you know that there is another way. Try it for a week. I dare you.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    I'm in!
    I did try it, i returned it within 10 days, worst reception out of the big three by far, and the lack of mutitasking really sucked, i couldn't listen to pandora and do anything else at the same time. its a nice phone, but compared to the other choices out there, the iPhone stinks, plus its from apple, i just don't like the closed ecosystem they try so hard for.
  8.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro869 View Post
    I don't think so. So far NO complaints, and WAY better. Multitudes better than anything ever offered by Palm.

Don't get me wrong, I've been VERY pro-Palm and anti-Iphone. I just finally tasted the kool-aid and its WAY yummier.

At&T had issues with network in the past, a new study shows them on top of reliability over other 3. Also, the 14 billion they are dumping into the network RIGHT NOW, will only make it better. Those coverage maps on TV are propaganda. Do the research and it's superior than others.

As for the marketing question- it just proves how horrible Palm is at Hardware, software, and marketing, if it's own userbase needs to help them "level the playing field." It's sad. But I understand. I WAS you people. I'm here in a final farewell post to let you know that there is another way. Try it for a week. I dare you.

Let's keep things on topic please. There are many other threads for this kind of banter.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I'm here in a final farewell post...
    Promise?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  10.    #130  
    we're sitting at 238 strong in the facebook group

come on guys, we need more! spread the word!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    So are you asking to help Palm do it's own marketing?

Sigh. I JUST left the palm world after 10 years. The hardware and software just pales in comparison to the Iphone. I tried and tried and tried and palm fails. Ever since Handspring disintegrated it's been a long downhill ride.

Palm had plenty of chances to fix their issues/address it's users. I gave up. I've had enough of the LAG, enough of the crashes, enough of the lack of software and closed SDK of the Palm Pre... Farewell everyone, see you on the other side.
    Which is funny because my iphone 3gs collects dust. Goodbye.
    People, there are still ONLY 16 user reviews for the Pre Plus on amazon.com

I don't want to hear any more about Palm's crappy marketing until we have 100 user reviews. Here we are talking about fan sites, twitter, and the ower of social networks... and the most obvious method is being ignored.

You should all write a review for Amazon, c/Net, and the website for your wireless carrier.

Then we can gripe about Palm's marketing...
    www.lifemovesfastdontmissathing.com is mine/ours, working on getting a basic site set up now!

currently, I think its going to be quite plain initially, but I will add more as time goes, once again, any ideas are welcome.
    Last edited by agbenson; 03/16/2010 at 10:41 PM.
    3874 have viewed this and only this amount responded and 212 on facebook!!!Come on guys be a true fan make this happen!!!!! I saw a pixi today in the wild and several pres last week!!! The trickle down effect will be exponential if all unite and make this happen!!!
    I'm buying chalk, already...honest..., and waiting for word from xome1983 on the stickers. I will do my part!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    People, there are still ONLY 16 user reviews for the Pre Plus on amazon.com

I don't want to hear any more about Palm's crappy marketing until we have 100 user reviews. Here we are talking about fan sites, twitter, and the ower of social networks... and the most obvious method is being ignored.

You should all write a review for Amazon, c/Net, and the website for your wireless carrier.

Then we can gripe about Palm's marketing...
    I agree, I think this is a very powerful tool. Take the time and rate it.

amazon.com
    bestbuy.com
    sprint.com
    verizon.com
    Come on everyone!!!
    I agree.

BTW, I was on the train today in Chicago and seen this ad out the window. Guess Palm is all about "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" thing.
    Moto v265 --> LG enV VX9900 --> Moto Q9c --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre
    Back here in good ol' germany, we have the pre on our best known website for translations:

Leo Dictionary

...in FRONT of the iPhone! =)

/edit: btw. someone wrote a great app for their website and they're promoting it now. =)
    Sadly, this means it wasn't their idea...
    Last edited by The Day Pré Tomorrow; 03/17/2010 at 06:23 AM.
    Since right around April I've been making posts about the Pre on my Facebook account. Everyone on my friends list knows I am a Pre addict. But this thread made me realize I really haven't helped the cause much. I definitely like the simple buzzworthy tag line idea. I am also thinking though that at some point beating people over the head may help too. Maybe after the final date.

My thought was this. After the final date, we all post a single video link to a palm video on our facebook feed every day for a week. The videos should be short, 30 second videos targeting something the Pre does well. A video a day shouldn't annoy people too much but will give them repeated opportunities to see what its all about. I lost 2 friends to the Droid and I think had I done something like this earlier, they may be using Pre Plusses right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    .......... we all post a single video link to a palm video on our facebook feed every day for a week. The videos should be short, 30 second videos targeting something the Pre does well. A video a day shouldn't annoy people too much but will give them repeated opportunities to see what its all about.
    You might want to see these homemade video commercials made just a coupla weeks ago from ur fellow Pre|C members:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ebos-here.html
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast