Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Just noticed AMAZON bestselling palm pre plus first time at 13 !!! It used to be at 30 and 40's
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    If people donated, I'd get the site hosted and set up a wordpress blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    That being said though, if the iPhone hit Sprint tomorrow, 90% of the people on this forum would disappear within a week. Nobody wants to admit it, but we all know it's true.
    In it's current iteration unlikely. Can't even multi-task and it runs on an obsolete one trick pony OS. Ever try one? Here's the entirety of the experience:

Open App...Close App...Open App...Close App.

Ooohhh what a mind-blowing experience. The thing was unbelievable in 2007. In 2010 it's unbelievably archaic.
    Gonna take a couple of days to get a paycheck then I can probably cover what needs to be paid for, or at least a decent chunk.
    That being said though, if the iPhone hit Sprint tomorrow, 90% of the people on this forum would disappear within a week. Nobody wants to admit it, but we all know it's true.
    If the iphone had webOS you bet your azz I would. Until then, I'll let the 3gs collecting dust on my desk speak for itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    I posted up that new commercial on the Facebook page btw. :-)
    same here
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Anybody care to build a site specifically to spread the word? Something vague but intriguing to go along with the viral concept? I'll pony up the 8 bucks for a domain name if someone else wants build it. I've got no time or I'd just do it myself. We can go really nitty gritty viral and have a sticker squad. I'm willing to make a batch of stickers and I'm sure I can rope some of my friends into helping me put em up.
    I would definitely put stickers up! A perfect way for this semi-hermit to participate...let me know if you get these made up and I'll pm you my address...I'll even contribute a couple bucks.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Sure thing, I'll either PM you or just post on the thread. I'm exhausted and off to bed but I'll look into pricing tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    In fact, I just purchased the domain webosisawesome.info (which currently redirects to my developer site).

I'll purchase a month of hosting and get a simple site up. From there, donations will have to keep it going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adora View Post
    ...My suggestion, if you choose to take it, is to go out on the web on these dates and tell people what webOS is in your own words. All you have to do is fill in the blank: webOS is _____. Write a blog post. Tweet about it. Record a youtube video. Make a little sign for your cat. Tag your content with -- what the heck, I'll prime the pump here -- #webosisawesome....
    What the OP is suggesting is subtlety and I agree. I also agree, however, that rules should be kept to a minimum.

To make a suggestion off of yours: take Palm's slogan and tell people what "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing." means to you. Spin it in your own way. My thinking then is we can have unity of message without being robotic.

I think unity of message is important. As much as I hate the Republican strategists, you gotta be impressed with their unity of message. At the same time, they do take it to cartoonish levels so personalizing our messages is also a good idea.
    Also, to make the best impression I will change my avatar once this campaign starts.

I find the premature Too Many Cards issue infuriating and I think it is the single biggest issue to be resolved - even if our friends with a Pre Plus don't understand.
    Count me in on this (and it's awesome to see people from Palm chiming in on this as well!)

I didn't have a signature before anyhow, so I went ahead and updated mine. I hope it helps!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Great thread! I look forward to seeing how much impact we can make (and personally participating!).
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I'm not trying to suggest too many rules, I'm just keeping in mind something like this will only work if we all do it uniformally. Imagine the impact if dozens (hopefully hundreds) of people with different twitter/facebook/various forum accounts, all being seen by different kinds of people, all have that ONE SIMPLE SLOGAN.

Imagine the curiosity it would cause! That's where the power would lie. Imagine if one morning a bunch of your contacts/friends/twitterers you follow all had some new catchphrase in their status? You'd totally look it up.

Imagine if they all had something saying 'WebOS is (whatever)' - yeah, still cool, but they're not as likely to actually seek it out themselves, are they
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I'm in.
    I have another suggestion for those that want to add a URL. Instead of sending them to a Palm link, send them to a link generated from LMGTFY.com

For those that haven't stumbled on this little gem, it's a site that generates an automation of doing any google search you specify. It's what you send back to those people in your life that ask you stupid questions because "you're so technical" or because "you understand that internet thingy..."

Here is what it would look like...

http://tinyurl.com/ygubgej
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/16/2010 at 08:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    some people might not even bother to do so. I think we should have a link attached to the video!! after all the new ad is pretty good.
    If people insist on posting links... I suggest this one:

Let me google that for you

By the way, I love the slogan I read above that says "Life in the palm of your hand... Powered by WebOS." That's excellent!
    Good idea. Lets dooooo this precentral.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    http://webosisawesome.info/ is live... I didn't really do anything. Any ideas?
    Maybe we can all chip in and give the money to Palm to find a new marketing firm.
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast