Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I love this idea, but do not participate in FB, Twitter, etc. Any ideas for a semi-hermit?
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Oh I agree, I'm not forced to do a damn thing. Just simply making a point that us loyal WebOS fans can't keep bailing out the sinking ship that is Palm, without Palm helping itself and the fasted, most effective way they can do that is by getting some hardware out there that doesn't suffer by comparison to most of the top devices out there.

As for was phone I'd be better suited for, well that's none of your f-n business. I wouldn't accept an iPhone for free, other than to sell the frickin thing on eBay.
    That being said though, if the iPhone hit Sprint tomorrow, 90% of the people on this forum would disappear within a week. Nobody wants to admit it, but we all know it's true.
    The Saint
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    I love this idea, but do not participate in FB, Twitter, etc. Any ideas for a semi-hermit?
    Get a tattoo.

Just kidding. Actually, not sure what to suggest. The concept of "social media virus" kind of depends on the social media for its success.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Im in!
    Forward the new commercial to everyone on your email list, with the title of it being "Life moves too fast. Don't miss a thing." ? Or text message the line to all of your friends/family on those days and see if they bite? The latter is likely more in line with the purpose. That's what came to mind immediately.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Oh I agree, I'm not forced to do a damn thing. Just simply making a point that us loyal WebOS fans can't keep bailing out the sinking ship that is Palm, without Palm helping itself and the fasted, most effective way they can do that is by getting some hardware out there that doesn't suffer by comparison to most of the top devices out there.
    You know, the funny thing is, I happen to like the Pre. I can't think of a better hardware design, and think it was an outstanding accomplishment for a company with so little in the way of financial resources. My launch day Pre has held up better than any other smartphone I've owned, and has been a pleasure to use. I recognize that some others have had a different experience, but I think it's worth pointing out that not everyone hates the hardware.

That said, are you saying that you expect Palm to do what they don't have the resources to do? Because coming out with new hardware is a mighty expensive and time-consuming task. I'm sure they're working on it, but do you really think that Palm's less aware of their own circumstances than you, and are purposefully going slower than they're capable of going?

Because I kind of doubt that.
    Last edited by wynand32; 03/15/2010 at 09:57 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I like the idea and think that once it starts with that tag line, it will take off. This commercial is something that should have been done from the start,something that is straight forward and to the point and makes people want to find out more.

And no, if the iPhone would hit Sprint tomorrow, I still wouldn't want it. The reason I got the Pre is because isn't the iPhone, where I can customize it and truly multi-task with ease.

I think that this has great possibilities.
    Life in the Palm of your hand, powered by webOS.
    I agree on the design. It's innovative and second to none, as is WebOS. The build quality is the problem. The things just aren't holding up. I myself have an original, launch day, Sprint Pre. But the average user isn't going to baby, take care of, and doctor up their devices the way we techies do. They don't want the hassle.
    Sprint stores are getting on average 3 out of every 5 Pre's returned. Many of the stores aren't even stocking them anymore because they just don't want to deal with it anymore.
    Selling more poorly built devices is just going to further tarnish an image, that's not so great to begin with.
    A solid, well built device, loaded with the awesome WebOS, is going to be their only saving grace.
    I want them to succeed because I LOVE WEBOS.
    The Saint
    Also reposting Palm's new commercial on Facebook and MySpace is a good idea!

Make it viral: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1OHlFOee2w&feature=youtube_gdata
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Spraypaint "Life moves pretty fast, don't miss a thing" across the front of your local grocery store.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    Spraypaint "Life moves pretty fast, don't miss a thing" across the front of your local grocery store.
    LOL! Hmmm, maybe if I wouldn't get caught...nah. Maybe create a tshirt...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I hope I'm not astroturfing the Scrabble board by chiming in here, but I was inspired by a chat with rwhitby and rboatright a few weeks ago, and I've been mulling on some grassroots campaign ideas ever since. Everything that follows in this post is my personal rabble-rousing opinion and not that of Palm.

"Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing," is a great message to come from Palm, but is that what personally excites you about webOS? Will it excite your friends? For this campaign to have impact, I think it's important that you create your own message, to tell the world what webOS means to YOU.

Before I joined Palm, I promoted webOS not only because of the feature set, but because it was a moral choice as well. A choice that stands for the spirit of the web. A choice that stands for the right to install any application, for developers to WRITE any application. A choice that stands for control of the device I own.

For me, webOS is freedom.

My suggestion, if you choose to take it, is to go out on the web on these dates and tell people what webOS is in your own words. All you have to do is fill in the blank: webOS is _____. Write a blog post. Tweet about it. Record a youtube video. Make a little sign for your cat. Tag your content with -- what the heck, I'll prime the pump here -- #webosisawesome.

Whatever you do, do it with passion. I'll support you 100%.
    I work(ed) for Palm.

Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Pixi -> Pre Plus -> Pre 2 -> Veer -> TouchPad -> Pre 3 -> Anything with a browser
    http://www.enyojs.com
    http://twitter.com/adora
    All I have to say is amazing!!!! Been trying to say this all along but all the non fans dismissed how powerful viral advertising can be!!! Please include something for JUNE6th launch day as PALM APPRECIATION DAY!!!!! I am on board 100 percent !!!!! I will post it already and have it on!!!! Actions speak louder than words so make sure you dont forget and post it on the following days!!!
    Last edited by etrade18; 03/15/2010 at 11:07 PM.
    great idea, I'm in.

a suggestion: create events for those days on the FB page, so we can all remember to "attend" (like we'd forget!)
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Use it as your sig on any other forums you participate in.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Go to Amazon, CNET, etc. and post reviews!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adora View Post
    I hope I'm not astroturfing the Scrabble board by chiming in here, but I was inspired by a chat with rwhitby and rboatright a few weeks ago, and I've been mulling on some grassroots campaign ideas ever since. Everything that follows in this post is my personal rabble-rousing opinion and not that of Palm.

"Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing," is a great message to come from Palm, but is that what personally excites you about webOS? Will it excite your friends? For this campaign to have impact, I think it's important that you create your own message, to tell the world what webOS means to YOU.

Before I joined Palm, I promoted webOS not only because of the feature set, but because it was a moral choice as well. A choice that stands for the spirit of the web. A choice that stands for the right to install any application, for developers to WRITE any application. A choice that stands for control of the device I own.

For me, webOS is freedom.

My suggestion, if you choose to take it, is to go out on the web on these dates and tell people what webOS is in your own words. All you have to do is fill in the blank: webOS is _____. Write a blog post. Tweet about it. Record a youtube video. Make a little sign for your cat. Tag your content with -- what the heck, I'll prime the pump here -- #webosisawesome.

Whatever you do, do it with passion. I'll support you 100%.
    I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

ROCK ON!
    Anybody care to build a site specifically to spread the word? Something vague but intriguing to go along with the viral concept? I'll pony up the 8 bucks for a domain name if someone else wants build it. I've got no time or I'd just do it myself. We can go really nitty gritty viral and have a sticker squad. I'm willing to make a batch of stickers and I'm sure I can rope some of my friends into helping me put em up.
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast