Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    This is a great idea. I think it's often forgotten that users can sell or discourage a device / product more than any advertising campaign can ever do.

It's good to see so many users pulling together for a great product a great OS and from this if we see a spike in sales, we know what to attribute it to
    Feel free to spread the word at work tomorrow
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    why doesnt anything anywhere mention Palm? isnt that the point of this? noone is going to know what this means.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Great Idea. I am in. Guys go review the pre on every site you can, and point users to precentral.net for extra resources (homebrew, patch, themes, etc......)
    Should we post a link to the Facebook group along with the tag line "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing", So people can know whats going on or maybe post the video attached to the post.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by piaband View Post
    why doesnt anything anywhere mention Palm? isnt that the point of this? noone is going to know what this means.
    the point is to make them research it themselves

telling someone is less rewarding than making them find out themselves
    some people might not even bother to do so. I think we should have a link attached to the video!! after all the new ad is pretty good.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    I like this.

I feel it's important to just have the phrase. that's the point behind viral marketing.

If it says 'Palm', people go 'oh it's a palm ad' and forget it. If their curiosity is piqued, however, they'll look up 'life moves fast, don't miss a thing' and be more likely to get interested.

Marketing 101, people. Good going neville.

I'm in. But I don't do Facebook. Might be an idea to try and cater to others who might be interested but aren't Facebookers.

People, let's make at least Gizmodo/Engadget, and at best the NEWS. We need to show that Palm is the company we're all a part of. It stands up on its own in a world of heartless conglomerates and alliances, for quality and fun.

We have the opportunity here to do something seldom done by customers/users, outside of things like Firefox. The fact that USERS are getting behind a viral is news in itself.
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    I'm definitely in, because I LUV WebOS, but it angers me that we're forced to do these types of things to carry a company that does little or nothing to help itself.
    YOU HEAR THAT PALM, WE'RE GOING TO BAT FOR YOU AGAIN !
    HOW ABOUT REWARDING OUR LOYALTY WITH SOME DECENT HARDWARE THAT WE CAN BE PROUD OF !
    We're NOT going to be here forever.
    The Saint
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Tibfib i really feel this defeats the purpose of it being viral.

If we're going to do this we all need to do it the same way and do it right. I feel neville has the right idea and that as the originator and organiser of the concept, we should follow his lead, otherwise not be involved. I don't feel that we want a whole lot of diverse and different messages out there... for it to be viral it needs to be stringently controlled.

Could we perhaps have a vote, neville? Set up a voting thing on this thread? e.g.

Phrase only
    Phrase as a trend ("#lifemovesfastdontmissathing")
    Phrase with "@palm"
    Phrase with "@palm #webos"

This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    clintwinstead we're not forced to do anything, and i don't know about anyone else but i expect NO reward for this, except to strengen palm.

that's in our best interest. if you are more interested in consuming than contributing, no offence, perhaps an android or iphone would be better suited. We're kinda batting for the underdog here.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    make sure to include #palm, #webos, @palm in ur tweets so we can make trending topics
    @ bennish. lol palm is like that fire on your avatar, we just need to get it going. i watched that movie a while back.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I agree with bennish, for now just do what i did, and tweet this post:
    Example: http://twitter.com/Dev_Suruat

oh and Follow me on Twitter @Dev_Suruat
  14.    #34  
    I'm hesitant to dissuade anyone from participating by putting restrictions on what they post...

It is important to leave the post intentionally vague to leave a viral shroud of mystery. But I also understand the need for twitter specifically to trend.
    their should be a small hint or something. may b we should post it with or phones using the fb apps since it leaves a small Palm logo on the left. not sure if anyone has noticed that.
    Great ideas.

DON'T FORGET.

Go to:
    amazon.com
    verizonwireless.com
    bestbuy.com
    sprint.com

Review the phones. pixi or pre or both if you have them.

Palm haters do! Read some of the bias posts ou can tell they have never touched one. Remember ijustine!
    Even though I spent the whole day following the beauty that is Windows Phone 7 Series @ MIX10, I love my Pre and will do all I can to make people aware of it's greatness!
  18.    #38  
    If you guys want to do more to spread the word of our initiative, add a link to this post in your forum signature!

See my signature for a sample. I've also updated the original post with the same sample.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvpsanto View Post
    some people might not even bother to do so. I think we should have a link attached to the video!! after all the new ad is pretty good.
    That's perfectly okay. In fact, it's guaranteed. Most people will never even bother, but we only need to reach a few. Marketing deals in very, very, very small percentages. A 4% return -- meaning that full 96% don't respond -- is considered good. The low-to-no cost of viral campaigns is why they're so attractive.

I've never known exactly what viral marketing was, but neville and bennet make convincing arguments, so I'm gonna follow their lead.

I, too, have already updated my Facebook status. Someone bit. I THEN linked to the commercial on YouTube (all from my Pre, I might add). The next move is theirs.

If the fish knew ahead of time that the fisherman was just going to eat them, they'ed never bite the hook. All we're trying to do is cast a line. The "Life is fast...." phrase is the worm. We only give the rod a tug if someone bites.

At least that's my take.
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Even though I spent the whole day following the beauty that is Windows Phone 7 Series @ MIX10, I love my Pre and will do all I can to make people aware of it's greatness!
    I did too!!. Do you have a Zune Hd? lol i wish the palm pre's hardware was as good as the zune's
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast