Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    should we leave it as status all day?
    On twitter or fb? If fb, yes. If twitter, no. Change the end of your tweet up such as I did to make it more enticing.

Look at my twitter for examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I have MUCH better things to do.
    Agreed. You need to post at least 75 negative comments on precentral before the day is out!!!
    I think the next message should be different then the one we had today.

"Droid doesn't" or something. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by agny6283 View Post
    I think the next message should be different then the one we had today.

"Droid doesn't" or something. Any ideas?
    No. That doesn't help promote Palm. It simply demotes Droid. The reason why we do, "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing", is because it is Palm's slogan. It is their trademark now. As I've said before, type their slogan and their new commercial from YouTube and at the end, type something out such as, "How can anyone live without this?".
  6.    #326  
    I was thinking for the next time "Life moves fast, and I don't miss a thing" and adding a hashtag #lifemovesfastdontmissathing for twitter just so we can track the trends. Subtle chang but it would still be fresh and accomplish a viral advert.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    To be honest, I've never been a huge fan of the current slogan.

I figured something like...

Palm: "Your world at your fingertips!"
    Palm: "Hold on and don't' let go!"
    Palm: "Get your third one today!"

... would be a lot more appropriate. First three things that come to my head.
    Please fire Palm's entire marketing department. We bust our tails to generate grass-roots buzz for them, and they respond with another attempt to tell the world that their products are for women only. They just posted this on Twitter:

Enter Working Mother's Little Techie photo contest (sponsored by @WHERE): Working Mother's Little Techie

Seriously, what is wrong with them? And why aren't women insulted by this stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    No. That doesn't help promote Palm. It simply demotes Droid. The reason why we do, "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing", is because it is Palm's slogan. It is their trademark now. As I've said before, type their slogan and their new commercial from YouTube and at the end, type something out such as, "How can anyone live without this?".
    They need to trademark "Life Moves Fast, and We make phones for girls". See my previous post for their latest stupidity

What is WRONG with those idiots? They aren't selling "sex", they are selling "sexism". Why don't their executives notice that? It's insulting, at best.

I wonder what they ratio of men to women Palm owners is. I'll bet it skews male, and some moron convinced them to focus on the female demographic to balance that. That would be like Ford wanting to sell more mustangs by only offering pink and powder blue models. It might bring in a new demographic, but it would also chase another demographic away.
    Anyone catch the view count of that video at start of the day? I just posted so its 81,231...I claim all the views from here on out
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I wonder what they ratio of men to women Palm owners is. I'll bet it skews male, and some moron convinced them to focus on the female demographic to balance that. That would be like Ford wanting to sell more mustangs by only offering pink and powder blue models. It might bring in a new demographic, but it would also chase another demographic away.
    Admob says 58% of WebOS users are male (see page 5). Palm has obviously made a conscious decision to concede the geek market, who is going to go where the apps and dazzling hardware specs are (eg, Android skews 73% male). I don't think the womenfolk were the only demographic left for them, but apparently, someone thinks that's the lowest hanging fruit.

http://metrics.admob.com/wp-content/...ics-Jan-10.pdf
    Please don't comment on Palm's target demographic unless you have hard evidence that what they are doing isn't right. I think it's more than a coincidence Nokia is targeting women with their new smartphone. I posted the link on these forums somewhere.

Let's please not make this thread about Palm's marketing and keep it about what this thread was intentionally about.
    Last edited by Reign25; 03/25/2010 at 05:25 PM.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Is @Palm participating in the Viral tweet?????

I'm part of a community on Twitter that uses FAVSTAR it collects "favorites" or stars from users. also non-users and the Leaderboard (Most favorited tweets, ever). We should try and get Palm's tweet on there. or a popular user. I can post how to do it if someone gives me the link of someone worth making popular.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    I even started a twitter account so i had a chance to win something!
    And so, how did it went?
    I posted 4 videos thru the day on my Facebook profile, and convinced a friend of buying a Pre over a Droid, and a N900
    Why don't we have this as the first thing people see on the website.

Life Moves Fast. Don't Miss a Thing.

Attach the link on the next campaign.

I think that would get the point across a little better.
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    personally, I am at odds to support this campaign. After all this is all about business not altruism. If the business strategy of Palm treats non official country users like Asia like diseased customers by locking them out of FREE apps in apps catalogue... why should we support Palm in their business?

Its like kids whose parents abused, beat them up for no reasons everyday, should we still love those parents?
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    i usually dont go viral, but ive been a palm user since my old III, and I want them to be around forever.

plus, having one of these touchstones finally could be kind of cool!
    So was the free stuff a joke or did i miss something?