Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    What difference is 100, heck 1000 videos, with 50 views each? Youtube has millions of videos. Obscure videos get hidden.

We need one video to focus the attention and to consolidate the views.
    Exactly why I suggested one video.
    we need both

one to get the high views, and a bunch for the random chance of getting a view... it will leave people wondering what it was about just like the rest of this campaign...

It's also the easiest way to make the long one, if everyone uploads a short one, then someone stitches them all together into a longer one.
    Great idea!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Can we go viral already?!?!?!
  5.    #185  
    6 more days
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Palm webOS

This is a must have on the website and also in the viral campaign. It accomplishes the goal.

People need to see this, Palm needs to support this more!
    I like that link there, thats definitely something to put there on the 8th, it looks really good!

I still would really like some reviews that I have permission to put on here, not one of you has given me one yet!!!
  8.    #188  
    I didn't know you wanted reviews... it's hard to keep up with 180+ posts.

What kind of information do you want? One-liners or full paragraphs?
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by agbenson View Post
    I like that link there, thats definitely something to put there on the 8th, it looks really good!

I still would really like some reviews that I have permission to put on here, not one of you has given me one yet!!!

I believe the review you should use would be g4tv 5 out of 5 stars

Palm Pre Plus Review - G4tv.com
    http://learning.palm.com/splg/webos/

palm / webos learning video
    one liners, that dont mention anything specific enough to make it clear that we are talking about webos... for now. on April 8th, I want to introduce specific ones that do talk about palm and webos directly.

what i want now is stuff like, "It's so easy to use, my mom gets it!" or "the background notifications let me keep working until I am ready to read them"

I don't know that those are the best examples, but the point is, something short and sweet that makes people want the product before they even know what it is, that way they come back for more, and keep wondering for the next week or two!

I would even be cool with funny ones like, "It eats iPhones for breakfast!" or anything else Roger McNamee said about it lol
    Just joined! I have been a fan/member of a few webOS and palm groups for a while now.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Definitely planning on it, first 5/5 is a big deal!
    Thats interesting, so far we have had one WebOS phone visit the site, but 3 iPhones

total visits is at 285 so far, not bad for a brand new site, now if we can just get a bunch more links going to it!!!!! if you have a blog or other personal website, please link to the site!
    Quote Originally Posted by agbenson View Post
    Thats interesting, so far we have had one WebOS phone visit the site, but 3 iPhones

total visits is at 285 so far, not bad for a brand new site, now if we can just get a bunch more links going to it!!!!! if you have a blog or other personal website, please link to the site!
    I just visited the site.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    yep count me in as well. word of mouth is the best sales tool there is. if you get one person to buy one, then he/she will tell two friends. then those two friends will each tell two friends and so on. i do love palm and the os. i like that it is a small company and they are not trying to be as big as apple. they are just trying to have a better product. also to you negative nellies sign out and goto the apple ****** site. lets rock the boat and get noticed.
    keep up the good work...how can I help? I have posted on verizon , and cnet!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    What difference is 100, heck 1000 videos, with 50 views each going to make? Youtube has millions of videos. Obscure videos get hidden.

We need one video to focus the attention and to consolidate the views.
    Well, okay... This is simple math but if I must, I will explain what the difference is...

100 videos getting 50 views each is...... 5,000 views total.

1000 videos getting 50 views each is...... 50,000 views total.

where if we only had 1 video and with 50 views that would give us..... 50 views.

So yes, we need more than 1 video. If 1 video gets buried then that's it. If 20 get buried then 20 more will come flooding in and then another 40 and 60, etc.

It's simple logic.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    The point of 1 video is that everyone will link to it, making it more visible, and gaining more views.
    I'm in...DO IT UP!

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Life Moves Fast. Don't Miss a Thing. Sources of visitors and number from each source so far.
    I'm glad to see a variety here, it means we have some links around, even Google has sent us a few visits, so they know that we exist and we can show up in the search results!!!

1. forums.precentral.net 167
    2. forums.somethingawful.com 68
    3. shacknews.com 68
    4. (direct) / (none) 55
    5. m.forums.precentral.net 15
    6. facebook.com 9
    7. discussion.treocentral.com 4
    8. dillonradiator.com 3
    9. google.com 3
    10. treo.discussion.treocentral.com 1