Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Would I still be covered under the manufacturer's warranty? I assume Sprint wouldn't offer any kind of support for a used device, right? Or could I potentially get the $7/mo. coverage and apply it to a used Pre? Not sure how that would work. I have an android phone at the moment, but would like to play around with a Pre for awhile. But, reading about the iffy hardware, I'm not going to get one if I'm going to be screwed if the phone exhibits one of the common hardware issues. Thx.
    For a limited time, Sprint is offering their TEP plan ($7/mo) on all phones regardless when you bought them. I imagine it would include used phones, but I'm not sure. I'd recommend meeting the seller at a Sprint store and checking out the device and getting the TEP before forking over the money for it.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

you'll still be covered at the very least by palm's one year warranty though depending when the person you bought it from bought the pre it may only have a few months left
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Works for me. Guess the hunt for a deal is on. Thanks guys.
    I bought a used Pre on eBay. After the 1.4 update I had the volume icon issue. The Sprint store replaced it without question. I do not have insurance.
    Last edited by Double Eagle; 03/16/2010 at 11:34 AM.
    Sprint any phone as long as you have insurance...