1.    #1  
    Does anybody have a similar issue:

Sometimes, while the screen is off, phone is on, I press the power button only for nothing to happen. It may turn on after a few seconds. More often than not, it won't turn on at all. Pressing the power button a few more times will turn on the screen and then immediately reset the phone. Anybody experience this before?

Palm Pre, Sprint, 1.4, tons of patches
    Does the power button still "feel" the same when you press it, or does it have less play than it used to?
  3.    #3  
    Still feels the same. Has the same sort of click as when I bought it 3 months ago
    Same problem here since the 1.4 update. It also resets if you open the slider. The phone seems off, then a glimpse of the screen and then it resets.

It usually happens once a day, and very often at the same time of the day...
    Quote Originally Posted by elduderino1234 View Post
    Still feels the same. Has the same sort of click as when I bought it 3 months ago
    Well, then u've got some problems, sorry. I also have a Sprint Pre but no patches, tweaks or anything like that, so i wouldn't be able to help you because i'm not experienced with those.
    I'm sure somebody will be here soon to save the day though.
  6. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    i had the same and red a lot about this issue and in my view it has to do with preware and/or patches though I am still a big fan of our homebrew community. nevertheless since a fresh 1.1.3 doctoring to 1.4 doctoring i had not one reset (about 2 weeks or so) hopefully the cool guys over at webos internals could find the issue so i can re-install preware.
    just to clarify: these are the 2 cents of a layperson, maybe Palm did something wrong with the update from 1.3.5.2 to 1.4 ?!
    current devices: PRE+
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonino ZGZ View Post
    Same problem here since the 1.4 update. It also resets if you open the slider. The phone seems off, then a glimpse of the screen and then it resets.

It usually happens once a day, and very often at the same time of the day...
    Agreed. My problems began with 1.4 and I have the exact same issues. Except sometimes it is more than once a day and at random times. I will attempt a web os repair session tonight to see if that solves any issues.
    Anybody experience this before?
    Yes. Stock Pre Plus, almost 30 days old. On Sunday, the phone shut itself off, and I was unable to restart it. Push power button. Nothing. Hold down power button. Nothing. Remove battery, wait one minute, reinstall battery. Nothing. Phone call to Verizon service. Made it one notch up the service chain, and while I was talking with him, the phone decided to restart itself.

This is the third issue I've had with this phone. I've got four days left to return it for a different phone, and I would, except that it's still the best phone Verizon currently offers, per my preferences. On another thread here, some are wondering why sales reps would discourage anyone from selecting this phone. The reason is poor reliability. I think the software is awesome, but I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone other than a patient techie. It's got too many glitches.
    +1, patched pre
    I've had the same problem several times now. I can't pin down a specific situation or time that it happens. I'm also having text message issues since I installed 1.4. 3 times now, while in the middle of a back and forth text conversation with 1 person, the phone arbitrarily sent my message to an alternate (home and work #'s) for the same person! Needless to say, since they are both land lines, she didn't get them.
  11. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Mine has done the exact same thing four or five times since the 1.4 update.
    Does anybody have a similar issue:

Sometimes, while the screen is off, phone is on, I press the power button only for nothing to happen. It may turn on after a few seconds. More often than not, it won't turn on at all. Pressing the power button a few more times will turn on the screen and then immediately reset the phone. Anybody experience this before?

Palm Pre, Sprint, 1.4, tons of patches

I have the exact same issue....exactly as you describe it. It does not happen often, say like 3 times since 1.4 was released. I also have several patches (20). I suspect it may have something to do with the 600mhz Luna patch that I'm running (which is great by the way and I can't go back to using the phone without it).
    I also have this issue... today, it happens a short moment after I stoppped tethering on bluetooth... was tethering... disconnected the bluetooth connection from my netbook, removed the usb charger plug (non-palm) from the phone. pressed power to put the phone to sleep... Moment after (less than a minute I believe), removed it from my carrying pouch and pressed the power button... nothing... nothing... screen glimpse... luna reboot.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    +1 for this issue.

The phone is asleep, I push the button to unlock, sometimes it takes a few seconds for the screen to come on, sometimes it resets. It doesn't always reset when the screen doesn't come on immediately, which seems a little different from others' experience.

Sprint Pre, lots of patches. I didn't buy insurance on the phone, but I'm thinking of picking it up now that I can again.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Bamp. This still happens to me every few days or so. Anyone else?
  16.    #16  
    I doctored my phone a week ago, haven't had any problems since. Also been using the 800mhz kernel hack
    Quote Originally Posted by cfbauer View Post
    Bamp. This still happens to me every few days or so. Anyone else?
    This was happening to me on a regular basis, here's how I was able to get it under control:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...xperience.html
    Follow me on teh Twitterz