Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Great ad!

I like how Palm has decided not to be like Apple and do the voice over and instead be their own company with a hip fast style.

Music is great Mos Def deserve so much more exposure than he gets!
    Great commercial. Will help Palm sell their brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Great commercial. Will help Palm sell their brand.
    Which is exactly what they need. Mindshare = Marketshare
    They made the old Pre commercial girl (borg queen/vampire girl/creepy chick/&c) look creepy, but in actuality she was pretty hot. Search for "tamara hope." That's her name.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Don't show someone in a car operating their phone, that's just bad form man
    Lol I meant like sitting in a parking lot or driveway before shes taking off
    Quote Originally Posted by DougFNJ View Post
    Lol I meant like sitting in a parking lot or driveway before shes taking off
    Ok, that's much better Maybe searching for a daycare then finding it on google maps followed by streaming Pandora through her car speakers to calm down before she takes off driving. I can see that in a commercial.

Just an FYI DougFNJ Autism is very close to my heart, I will be donating on the 20th. It's a shame how little the general public knows about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Music is great Mos Def deserve so much more exposure than he gets!
    Then he's the perfect choice for a Palm ad...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    i'm trying to figure out where they filmed this. I used to work in the city of LA and was feeling nostalgic. I thought it was Grand and 5th, but thats not it per google maps street view. I guess I don't know how to read those street signs.
    Global Posts
    853 Global Posts
    Just an FYI DougFNJ Autism is very close to my heart, I will be donating on the 20th. It's a shame how little the general public knows about it.
    Thanks Xome....me too, I have a cousin with it, and 2 good friend with children that have Autism. I love the organization for what they do. any support is definitely appreciated, almost 9/10 to the commitment and 1/3 to the goal.
    Another crap commercial from Palm. Explain nothing. Be too creative & cute. Add another annoying song and done.

Simply amazing how they continue to screw up what should be pretty simple. I have to wonder about those who think this is good..
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Then he's the perfect choice for a Palm ad...

Good point, two underdogs that are much better than the competition
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Another crap commercial from Palm. Explain nothing. Be too creative & cute. Add another annoying song and done.

Simply amazing how they continue to screw up what should be pretty simple.
    Would you prefer a voice over showing how they can play a game and be on a call at the same time... Oh wait, apple did that already... How about one where they voice over about taking a video then sending it via MMS... Oh yeah, apple did that too... What exactly should they explain in this commercial? Short of copying apple directly or turning it into an infomercial it does what it needs to do. It shows practical use of the phone in a real world situation with catchy tunes. It's what Palm needs to increase awareness.
    Would you prefer a voice over showing how they can play a game and be on a call at the same time... Oh wait, apple did that already... How about one where they voice over about taking a video then sending it via MMS... Oh yeah, apple did that too... What exactly should they explain in this commercial? Short of copying apple directly or turning it into an infomercial it does what it needs to do. It shows practical use of the phone in a real world situation with catchy tunes.
    do a search.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Annoying song, really? I liked the whole thing. At a minimum its a big step in the right direction. The only thing I might have done differently is maybe have the entire screen in the end fade to the screen on a Pixi or Pre showing the whole device. That would link it to how the commercial started with the device. Later, you could cut out the end and swap it for whatever new phone comes out in the Summer. However, I liked it. I'm qst4 and I approve of this commercial!

Simply amazing how they continue to screw up what should be pretty simple. I have to wonder about those who think this is good..
    What? What kinda crazy talk is that? Doing an esoteric, cool, music-driven commercial worked the first time with the monks, right? Then, it worked with the incredible Pixi ads with the Chipmunk voice too, right? So it is definitely bound to work again so the Pre and Pixi will continue on their stratospheric sales driven by all of the people who don't need anything explained to them.

Why on earth would Palm want to have narration explaining the features of the phone like in the iPhone and Droid commercials? Those products flopped due to the horrible marketing that wasn't laden with cool music and high concepts. It only makes sense for Palm ads to be as different from those totally ineffective Droid and iPhone ads, and more like the iconic...well you get the message.

And I'm so glad they spent a full third of the commercial on the most unique and emblematic WebOS app....Google Maps! I mean, if anything would cause you to leave iPhone, Blackberry, or Android...even a featurephone...it'd be seeing a handset with Google Maps. I mean, it's the fastest launching WebOS app, too.

Basically, you don't know what you talking about, cardfan.
    Last edited by mikah912; 03/15/2010 at 05:16 PM.
    We should all hope for a Palm Does ad, or a voice over narrative ad because until then no one is going to be pleased.
    I like the ad, the reason being, it looks as if the Pre and Pixi will not be the only phones that Palm will be seling this year. There is talk about C40 and perhaps a keyboardless phone.

The unifing thread thru all of it is webOS and the name PALM!

Seeing the apps on the TV screen gives the viewer a better look than shooting a close up of the screen.

LOL: What do you want the phone to say Norma Desmond's line from Sunset Blvd, "I'm Ready for my close up Mr. DeMill?"
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I have to wonder about those who think this is good..
    You do? Really? You're just that much smarter than us, eh?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Basically, you don't know what you talking about, cardfan.
    Of your entire post, this is the only thing I agree with.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I can't wait to have a phone like that. With holograms, face recognition and hand tracking.

That commercial kicks ars! If Palm would have used those from the start.. these debates wouldn't be happening. Instead.. we would be celebrating world domination!

lol..
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast