Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I just had to share this. We went to our local Sprint store Saturday to buy a pre for my daughter. The rep said that is a horrible phone and he would feel bad selling it to us. At that point, I asked for the store manager. He said they have more issues with the Pre than any other phone, and kept trying to show us different phones. At that point I explained that I have a PRE and LOVE it. He actually laughed and said I must just be lucky. I was pretty agitated so we left. Then Sunday at a mall store, they basically told me the same thing, stating that they don't even keep them in stock because Sprint does not have a high demand for that phone. I was so irritated at this point I could have screamed. So this morning I call Sprint and explain my situation. He said he hates to agree but that they are being told to DISCOURAGE people from purchasing the Pre. I was so mad I just hung up on him. My daughter will be getting a pre anyway. I cannot imagine Sprint really saying that. BUT that is 4 different Sprint Employees who said it (at 3 different locations). GGGRRRRR
    Maybe those locations have had particularly high return/refurb rates. The Sprint Pre, indeed, is like a box of chocolates....
    What's odd is every time I've talked to anyone in Sprint customer care (even as recently as two days ago) they've all talked about how great the Pre is. In my local Sprint store two of the 5 techs carry Pre's with 2 having Blackberry's and one with a Hero.
    grab a plus on verizon instead, or if you want to stay on Sprint, go to Radio Shack - I hear they're free there now...
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    grab a plus on verizon instead, or if you want to stay on Sprint, go to Radio Shack - I hear they're free there now...
    Some people are quite happy not paying as much as Verizon charges. I'd like the extra RAM but the monthly savings doesn't make it worth it. IMHO of course.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    That's how it is at the store in college station, they all seem to love the pre. I will probably end up there this weekend
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sf_basilix View Post
    Only free if it is a new line, and this is an upgrade. And I agree that Sprint is much cheaper (we have 5 lines)
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    man that's so messed up
    There has to be a reason.

If a store get tons of returns, defective units, unhappy customers, etc the are going to start pushing people to other phones.

I love the PRE as well but reality is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by deparson View Post
    There has to be a reason.

If a store get tons of returns, defective units, unhappy customers, etc the are going to start pushing people to other phones.

I love the PRE as well but reality is what it is.
    Yes, but if I come into the store and ask for a Pre, give me the damned Pre and shut up. If I wanted your stupid little opinion, I'd ask for it. Since I know what I want, I obviously don't. This is why I don't deal with reps and make it exceedingly clear I want to get in, get what I want, and leave, otherwise they start trying to get over on you and get snippy in the process went you won't go for their high commission phone.
    If they have a high rate of return I guess it makes since...im sure it's a bit of a hastle to deal with that. The pre rocks...just need to get into more peoples hands! Hopefully the new Palm ad will help!
    I actually had the opposite situation about a week ago. The wife's Pre was acting very sick. It would not let her down load any apps and the ones she had would not work. I told her I could Dr. it, but being the smart woman that she is her reply..."I think I would trust the Sprint people a little more". Even though I am the one that themed and patched her phone

So any way we go to the lady at the store to sign in. She of course asks what we needed. We explained a sick Pre and before we even finished she asked..."Did you get the 1.4 upgrade this morning?" Which yes that was the morning of the upgrade. I was impressed that she knew about it. Then she asked, "Did you try doctoring it at home? That is what they will pretty much do here, except you don't have to wait an hour +." My wife looked at me and asked, "Is that what you were talking about?"...YUP!!

We only talked with the lady maybe 5 minutes, and I got the full impression she was VERY familiar with the Pre!! And even when we left she said..."If doctoring at home does not work, bring it back, that is a great phone".
    I went to a verizon store which was supposed to be a premium store and asked to see the pre plus. The manager said that they don't displauy it and discouraged me from even wanting to see it. He said why don't you look at the droid or eris? I like android too but that's not what I came to see. He said that they have had issues with palm phones in the past and he wanted to avoid that. He heard of bad reviews from the regular pre. When I went to leave after I said I thought this was a premium store, he pulled out the demo which was a dummy phone of the pre plus. Unfortunetly palm didn't come out strong enough on build quality and that is leaving a bad taste for customers and reps the same.
    and they must be wondering why their stock is barely hovering in the $3 mark..lol The PRE is awesome..can't live with out it!
    Its funny seeing these kind of posts. Where i live every sprint store i've talked to say they sell the Pre more than any other phone and never talk bad about it.
    That wasn't the case for me when I got my Pre back in december
    The dude that sold us the Pre actually had one himself
    And said he liked it more than the HTC Hero because it was smaller and didn't bulge out when you had it in your pocket.

He didn't try to change my decision at all, just went with what I wanted, and said positive things about the Pre.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    When I bought mine at Best Buy the girl could not believe that I was getting the Pre when I already had a Touch Pro. She kept telling me "Remember you has 30 days to return it" Best phone I have had so far.
  18. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    I noticed the same pattern in my local sprint store. They were pushing Hero and blackberry. Its plain simple they don't have to deal with the returns. Plus I noticed folks loved the looks of Hero. I guess HTC Hero is the poor man's iPhone.

PALM will realize it in six more months.
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    I actually had the opposite situation about a week ago. The wife's Pre was acting very sick. It would not let her down load any apps and the ones she had would not work. I told her I could Dr. it, but being the smart woman that she is her reply..."I think I would trust the Sprint people a little more". Even though I am the one that themed and patched her phone

So any way we go to the lady at the store to sign in. She of course asks what we needed. We explained a sick Pre and before we even finished she asked..."Did you get the 1.4 upgrade this morning?" Which yes that was the morning of the upgrade. I was impressed that she knew about it. Then she asked, "Did you try doctoring it at home? That is what they will pretty much do here, except you don't have to wait an hour +." My wife looked at me and asked, "Is that what you were talking about?"...YUP!!

We only talked with the lady maybe 5 minutes, and I got the full impression she was VERY familiar with the Pre!! And even when we left she said..."If doctoring at home does not work, bring it back, that is a great phone".
    There's NOTHING like the feeling you get when you could tell the wife "I told you so".
    I ran into a similar thing. I was looking for a case for my Pre, and when I asked the salesman if he had heard feedback on a particular case he said "I don't know. I haven't sold any. In fact, I discourage people from buying the Pre."

This might be something Palm should look into.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast