Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    maybe some of these stores dont have them in stock at the moment. If i was still selling phones for att, I would stress the negitive things I heard about the outta stock phone and talk up the features/pro's of the instock one. I'll come back to get it when you have more in stock seems silly considering their are so many ways to order it online or even in a small town. Best not to leave it to chance, best to get them to buy now. You know what they say

Always
    Be
    Closing
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwinstead View Post
    Maybe we should put ourselves in the shoes of a Sprint employee. If you gotta choice between selling a phone that you're probably see again and have to deal with a ****ed off customer or selling a phone that's gonna work ... which one would you sell?
    getting a ****ed off customer to come back into the store is not just a bad thing. If the issue gets fixed and the cu is happy about the resolution, I'd get another crack at an accessory. Not saying thats the case, but anything that brings in the traffic is a good time to try and sell something else.

Quote Originally Posted by shellzda1 View Post
    First, just to set the record straight, I am female
    Second, my local sprint store would not even pull out the Pre, that's why I asked for the manager. The rep just kept talking to me like I was an ***** and telling me that I really did not want a Pre for my daughter. Then when the manager acted the same, I decided I was not going to be spending ANY money at that store. At the second store, they said they had none in stock. I ended up at walmart tonight and got her one for only $99 (which is cheaper than Sprint anyway.)
    I was only trying to say that the Pre is never going to be a success if that is how Sprint is explaining it to prospective customers. Maybe this is a rare thing, but it seemed odd that 3 different people all said the same thing if that is not what Sprint is putting out there, ya know????
    I guess it depends on where you live. Each area and stores are different. I have noticed when there is a good manager running the Sprint store, the staff seems to be better. I live in the Connecticut, and there are good stores and not so good stores. I have traveled down South to North Carolina and Florida, the same thing, very inconsistent. But each time when I met the Manager of the store, I could tell if the store was good or not. What I mean by good, as very informative, and their staff well trained to know all the products. I am lucky that the Sprint store I go to, the staff is very well trained and asks the customer what they are looking for, and what they are using it for. They seem very impartial to what phone to push. They seem to listen to the customers needs. I am sorry you had a problem at your area store. If I were you, I would call Sprint to let them know of your experience. I been with Sprint almost 12 years, and have found calling them and telling of your experience will get you something in return. They do also tell their superiors also, and actually I have seen results at the stores that I have had problems with. It can't hurt to call.

Good luck with your phones.
    I have had a few talks with the guys at my local sprint store and they are very informative and seem to be well trained. With that said they had nothing but good things to say about the Pre. One rep actually said he owned the Pre and loved it but traded it in for the moment because the buttons were too small for his big ole sausage fingers... hehe.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    This thread is interesting. I remember sprint "PUSHING" Samsung Instinct almost two years back. But they never pushed Pre except the release time. I knew five stores in DC area. Couple of them did push during the launch time. Now the phone is almost non existent in two of the three stores. And in one store its locked inside. I doubt half of the new customers are going ask for the pre when they can try the HERO or MOMENT on the display. On the contrary Verizon is pushing like DROID like its the greatest thing since the sliced bread. PALM should soon release an all touch slab.
    In the future, I'd buy on sprint.com or telesales. Screw those shoddy salespeople.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 03/15/2010 at 09:52 PM.
    IMHO, a rep should never be adamant in pushing a customer one way or another. If they have concerns about a particular brand or model, tell the customer. When they begin to insult the customer's choice they've crossed the line.

The goal is to make the customer happy...not necessarily tell them what WILL make them happy. Educate, but let them make the choice. If their choice ends up being a disappointment they'll feel like they learned a lesson; if the choice made for them disappoints, they may be hesitant to trust the rep (or store) ever again.

I think we all appreciate honest input. What makes me walk away is when a rep dismisses my desires and believes they know what is best for me.
    I just had to share this. We went to our local Sprint store Saturday to buy a pre for my daughter. The rep said that is a horrible phone and he would feel bad selling it to us. At that point, I asked for the store manager. He said they have more issues with the Pre than any other phone, and kept trying to show us different phones. At that point I explained that I have a PRE and LOVE it. He actually laughed and said I must just be lucky. I was pretty agitated so we left. Then Sunday at a mall store, they basically told me the same thing, stating that they don't even keep them in stock because Sprint does not have a high demand for that phone. I was so irritated at this point I could have screamed. So this morning I call Sprint and explain my situation. He said he hates to agree but that they are being told to DISCOURAGE people from purchasing the Pre. I was so mad I just hung up on him. My daughter will be getting a pre anyway. I cannot imagine Sprint really saying that. BUT that is 4 different Sprint Employees who said it (at 3 different locations). GGGRRRRR
    it's true... I've experienced other employees do this when I worked in the philadelphia market. Of course that's why I'm glad I'm not working there anymore
    Sorry OP for the gender error, lol.
    I do 99.3% of my forum browsing from my Pre, on the mobile side of the site.
    I don't even know what ur avatar looks like because i don't have the patience to wait for the full site to load.

That said, I think that these days, it is extremely easy for a customer to get all the information they need and/or want just by researching it online.
    There really isn't much more that a salesperson can know compared to what can be found on the web.
    As somebody else posted earlier, most of the store salespeople are most likely just passing through just to make some money to pay bills.
    I'm not saying that there're no informed salespeople, i'm just saying that you should do the research online first so you know if they know what they're talking about.
    It doesn't matter what ur buying, DON'T let the salesperson make your mind up.
    YOU are the one that will have to live with your purchase on a daily basis.
    Not them.

BTW: A few months ago, an employee in a store that has something to do with shacks and radios saw me typing on my Pre and asked me; "Hey, what operating system does that Pre use?"
    I just had to share this. We went to our local Sprint store Saturday to buy a pre for my daughter. The rep said that is a horrible phone and he would feel bad selling it to us. At that point, I asked for the store manager. He said they have more issues with the Pre than any other phone, and kept trying to show us different phones. At that point I explained that I have a PRE and LOVE it. He actually laughed and said I must just be lucky. I was pretty agitated so we left. Then Sunday at a mall store, they basically told me the same thing, stating that they don't even keep them in stock because Sprint does not have a high demand for that phone. I was so irritated at this point I could have screamed. So this morning I call Sprint and explain my situation. He said he hates to agree but that they are being told to DISCOURAGE people from purchasing the Pre. I was so mad I just hung up on him. My daughter will be getting a pre anyway. I cannot imagine Sprint really saying that. BUT that is 4 different Sprint Employees who said it (at 3 different locations). GGGRRRRR
    come on its a freaking phone and its true the hardware is garbage! i am on my 6th pre. Must people don't want to deal with having to return a phone a few times.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I hate to hear the OPs experience. I was setting up a plan with T-mobile and nearly got over charged for the plan. When I told them I was going to go home and review my research, all of the sudden the plan I was looking for pops up. Not all stores are created equal and like someone noted, its really about the management. On the issue of them pushing phones, it seems like when you have an issue they usually try to have you work it out with the rep who sold you the phone so some of these reps may be unwilling to deal with phones with high return rates because its time consuming and the customers are probably difficult to satisfy. Not an excuse, but I could see why they might go out of there way to avoid selling a particular phone.
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    @Shellz, I'm with you regardless what anyone else says. That's pretty foul that they did not bring out the Pre. You did the right thing by going to Walmart and purchasing the Phone you intended on purchasing in the first place.
    Football or Basketball, Pizza or Steak, Skiing or Snowboarding, Flip Phone or Candy Bar???? One person/office, city, town etc. may like one phone and another may like another. My point is that I really doubt any sort of conspiracy had been made to sale the Droid or any other phone over the Pre. My opinion is that like some people like Coke better than Pepsi or vice versa, some people just like the Droid better than the Pre. Naturally they will push what they like. So, I would not let it bug you too bad and just buy what works for you.

I am just glad that we have so much technology to pick from!!! Glad you like the Pre though... It is my favorite!
    No wonder Palm sales aren't doing so well. If this is the way it is, Palm might as well sell unlocked, direct.
    Quote Originally Posted by osmanmia View Post
    No wonder Palm sales aren't doing so well. If this is the way it is, Palm might as well sell unlocked, direct.
    yup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123