1.    #1  
    If the iPhone uses the same processor as the Palm Pre, how hard do you think it would be to port webos to the iphone? Is this even possible? Would there be anyone interested? I'm wondering if doing this and enabling the virtual keyboard would work. I love webos and my keyboard, but would really like a much more solid hardware build...

anyone interested?
    It'd be very cool to see purely for academic purposes, but due to the infancy/restrictions on the virtual keyboard it would not be a great functioning phone. Also the lack of a gesture area would be very annoying. None the less, I'd love to see it done.
  3.    #3  
    isn't the gesture area just the touchscreen though? I don't know if that's really a separate physical device or not. I could be wrong... it has happened....
    You could emulate the Pixi on the iPhone, but using the lower 80 pixels as the gesture area. Otherwise, no. The Pre has a higher coverage touch screen than the iPhone. The iPhone has a touch screen over 320x480 screen. The Pre has one that extends below the screen.

You could map the button to the up swipe, but then how do you do back without the annoying iPhone upper left back button?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.