Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I don't run Preware and even when I playing a game with other apps open or in use (I use a lot of by GPS type apps and play games while riding with DH on trips) and having a call never had mine slow or crash. I also have a Sprint Pre.
    I've tried all sorts of overclocking, 720 seems to be the sweet spot for my Pre. 800+ seems to be unstable. stock is stable but laggy as all get out. Anything over stock speeds and I get odd results here and there. The most notable is that sometimes and not all the time, if I rotate the pre while viewing a web page, the top bar goes away and shows the top of the background and the rest of the page goes to landscape mode, but doesn't expand to cove the top of the background where the top bar once was. Trying to get it to do that now for a screen shot, but no luck. Maybe I just have a bad phone, but nothing is consistant enough to verify. Without Uberkernal it only runs for about 4-6 hours after a reboot before TMC pops up with just about any PDK app.

Edit: My wife's Pre is about the same with regard to PDK apps not working unless she reboots all the time or has Uberkernal installed. Also, for the last month or so, she has been having issues with her Pre not keeping time. The other day she thought I had sent a text at 6AM in the morning (I was not up yet) I had sent the text around 8AM and she didn't notice it until later at which time she said the time stamp was at 6AM or so.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    And even then, all you have to do is a luna restart which only takes half the time.

The vast majority of Pre users have no idea what a luna restart is nor do they have the ability to easily access it. Also a luna restart is not the same as a reboot and will not fix all issues that a user will encounter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    The vast majority of Pre users have no idea what a luna restart is nor do they have the ability to easily access it. Also a luna restart is not the same as a reboot and will not fix all issues that a user will encounter.
    Read the context of what he was talking about in his response to me... I was talking about the only time I ever seem to reboot is when I show off my new boot screens. The reply was I didn't have to completely reboot to do that. I am fully aware of what a luna restart is, I have luna manager installed.....

And again back to the whole point......the reboot time..... why is this still a concern for people? Before I had the auto-reboot scheduler, (tbh, I don't even know if that's a benefit for me or not), I've never had to reboot much in the past, probably less than 20 times in the last 9 months. Now with the auto reboot, if it does anything for me at all, it happens in the wee hours of the morning before I get up.

Reference Post #69 ......then Post #70
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    every now and again when i went out, and my battery had 70% health, i'd shut my phone off to save power. it was pretty lame waiting for it to boot up to make a call or google something real quick to settle a debate.

i think that the boot time should be improved. maybe not a top five priority, but up there. i'm anxious to see how it has improved with 2.0 (if it has in general and that isn't just with the new device).
    Some good power saving tips.....that don't involve completely turning off your phone:
    GPS toggle
    Data toggle
    Phone toggle
    turn all these to off(as well as your screen) and you'd be surprised at how long your battery lasts.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Read the context of what he was talking about in his response to me... I was talking about the only time I ever seem to reboot is when I show off my new boot screens. The reply was I didn't have to completely reboot to do that. I am fully aware of what a luna restart is, I have luna manager installed.....

And again back to the whole point......the reboot time..... why is this still a concern for people? Before I had the auto-reboot scheduler, (tbh, I don't even know if that's a benefit for me or not), I've never had to reboot much in the past, probably less than 20 times in the last 9 months. Now with the auto reboot, if it does anything for me at all, it happens in the wee hours of the morning before I get up.

Reference Post #69 ......then Post #70
    Again you are using homebrew apps. Maybe it's not a big issue for you. You have to look at it from the perspective of the average consumer or even business person who has no idea about homebrew. They don't like 5-6 minute boot times for a mobile phone. Obviously Palm and HP realized this is an issue for many people. Why would SFR promote the boot time as an improvement of the Pre 2? That is never an advertised feature of any phone.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    My pre just took 3 min and 42 seconds to boot.
    Palm user since my Palm Pilot Pro (B'day present 13 years ago, which I still have!) Previous devices include: IBM Workpad M100, C505, Palm i705, Palm Tungeston, 650, 680, and currently Pre! (There'll be more, I know it!)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345