1.    #1  
    Aside from all the requests people have suggested for the next Palm device, I can't help but think that a glass front would probably help to offer the phone a more solid feel. Sure, it might not be as curvy as the device is now, but the other day I was using my kid's ipod touch and couldn't help but notice the solid feel to it, after using my pre for a while now. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving webos, but when holding an ipod touch, I feel like it's as solid as a brick. My kids have been abusing that device left and right and it's still performing beautifully and the touchscreen response is just superb. Responsiveness on the device, I believe, is probably the smoothest I've seen.... but getting back to my original comment, I think part of the reason why the iphone/ipod touch gives that solid feel is because of the glass front. The frame doesn't twist and just has a solid feel to it. I'd like to see that come to the next Palm device.
    I like the glass oleophobic screen of the iPhone/HTC Hero, but I think even more important is making the rest of the device feel right. No more glossy surface. Much less plastic-y feel. Just making a solid slab or a slider/slab that looks on par with the competition when you look at them all in a Best Buy or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I like the glass oleophobic screen of the iPhone/HTC Hero, but I think even more important is making the rest of the device feel right. No more glossy surface. Much less plastic-y feel. Just making a solid slab or a slider/slab that looks on par with the competition when you look at them all in a Best Buy or whatever.
    +1 and with an IR port
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    +1 and with an IR port
    The IR port is dead, it's not coming back.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The IR port is dead, it's not coming back.
    i still wanna change my tv lol
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    i still wanna change my tv lol
    upgrade your tv that supports bluetooth! ...anyway... back on topic....
    i completely agree. feel of a phone is a big first impression. my gf held my pre and the first thing she said was "feels cheap". i had to explain to her that ive dropped it a few times and no cracks, oreo, anything. only thing she said that made it feel sturdy was that it had decent weight to it.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  8. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Why not go all out with HTC HD2 form ?
    Please no slab design. the slider + keyboard were the first to spark my interest around this time last year (or earlier). I've never had a non-flip phone (the pre is my 1st slider) and I'm not so sure I want one. I instantly slide the keyboard out every time I use the phone, but when it is closed, I love the compactness of my pre. If my phone can't fit in my pocket then I'd rather have an iPad or netbook if I'm gonna carry something around.
  10.    #10  
    I think you could still have a slide out keyboard for a slab - much like the new blackberry slider that is coming.... It would be a much more solid feel with the glass as well.

Just had some fun photoshopping this... I could probably get used to this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I would like to see a talk button. The touch response is not so good and I miss 50% of my calls because the screen doesn't respond when I try to drag the little dot out of the circle to answer the ringing phone.

Quote Originally Posted by frankwhite8536 View Post
    Please no slab design. the slider + keyboard were the first to spark my interest around this time last year (or earlier).
    The keyboard slider design is soooo sweet! I don't want to loose it. However, the keyboard is worthless because of the double striking issues and needs to be improved at all costs.
    I don't really give a crap how it "feels", as long as it performs.
    "I would like to see a talk button. The touch response is not so good and I miss 50% of my calls because the screen doesn't respond when I try to drag the little dot out of the circle to answer the ringing phone. "

Answer your calls by sliding out the keyboard - it looks cool also!

- also _
    Palm need to be careful. Apple may have a patent on the glass capacitance touchscreen.
    Last edited by not-yet-pre; 03/15/2010 at 11:24 AM.