Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    HI all,

Just wanted to say Thank you to Precentral.net for creating a great community for palm users. I have officially traded up my palm pre plus to switch to an android. I had been using a palm pre since the day the phone had came out with sprint. Although, the palm has a very unique operating system, after my 6th phone I had realized that palm's quality control needs another look. Being with both US carriers that have the phone available I have noticed that Sprint's palm pre doesn't lock you down with GPS while Verizon my pre plus's gps didn't work on neither of two pre plus that got replaced. On Sprint I went through 4 replacements 2 for oreo effect, 1 for earphone going dead, 1 for crack on the bottom left corner of the lcd. On Verizon my first one had double typing issue and my second one had a lcd ghosting issue, and BOTH of them the GPS didn't work(Verizon). I tried to be as patient as possible, after wasting insurance money every month on both carriers I had enough. I am going to miss Web Os. I would hate to say it, but my new DROID simply works. no slider issues no double type, and gps is perfect! I dont have to pay verizon 10 bucks a month to get it work. and the 5 mega pixel camera is freaken sweet! I just dont have web os, but i guess i will have to deal with it if i want the hardware to work.

Thank you all it has been interesting.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Android kicks ***...

for the first 3 months, then it becomes an unstable piece of crap.
    Its ok, you will be back. after you find your self doingthis to your new android. take care.
    Global Posts
    1,700 Global Posts
    I've had the droid and it's a great device but I have to say I'm loving my pre. It's a shame you had such a problem with it.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Its ok, you will be back. after you find your self doingthis to your new android. take care.
    this

I'm about to switch back to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach_Alt View Post
    this

I'm about to switch back to the pre.
    lol, my friend has a droid after having the pre plus and hates it, but unfortunately he passed his 30 days so he is kinda s.o.l.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I'm in the same situation with my Moment, but I don't entirely hate it. The hardware is great but I do miss webOS. Might pick up a pre also if I find a good deal on one.

lol, my friend has a droid after having the pre plus and hates it, but unfortunately he passed his 30 days so he is kinda s.o.l.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Palm needs to hire new quality control people. I just had 2 replacements from sprint that had lcd issues (one the back light would not brighten at all, and finally went out, 2nd one had a crack coming out of the box). Regardless of the OS, the quality of the hardware has a lot to do with satisfaction. Like when people complain about Microsoft Windows. Windows works, as long as you got the good stuff. Get some crappy hardware and it will make you hate it.
    Is it possible that the mods created a sticky thread so that all of these people who just write "just say goodbye" can all be in the same place? We talk about all of the people who create new threads instead of hitting the search button, why not these people? I find it both interesting and pitiful that one needs to create a thread to "say goodbye", their pre is bad but their new phone is good. Well, goodbye! None, or most of us don't know each other. You've made 10 posts! Did you really make that many friends that you needed to say goodbye? Or...Did you just want to troll?

Mods, not my call, I know it's yours. But should'nt these sorts of posts be placed in either a cross platform or Off Topic forum?

Thank you
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    I'm in the same situation with my Moment, but I don't entirely hate it. The hardware is great but I do miss webOS. Might pick up a pre also if I find a good deal on one.
    you should try the android forums, i remember like two days ago when i was snooping in their, they had some guy their saying that he wanted to exchange a pre with some type af android and he was getting some responses to.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I would consider swapping. But I'm not exactly sure I would be covered hardware wise if I were to pick up a used pre. And with stories of people on half a dozen replacements, I think it might be wise to have the moment on hand at least for a while as backup. I just can't be without a phone. And I'm also curious to see what android 2.1 brings, though my first smartphone love will always be webOS.

you should try the android forums, i remember like two days ago when i was snooping in their, they had some guy their saying that he wanted to exchange a pre with some type af android and he was getting some responses to.
    Quote Originally Posted by jephdood View Post
    I would consider swapping. But I'm not exactly sure I would be covered hardware wise if I were to pick up a used pre. And with stories of people on half a dozen replacements, I think it might be wise to have the moment on hand at least for a while as backup. I just can't be without a phone. And I'm also curious to see what android 2.1 brings, though my first smartphone love will always be webOS.
    yeah i feel you on the warranty issue, but i don't see why not if it has a year warrrenty... like buying a used car, if you buy it new enough to still have the original factory warranty on it, then it will still get honored... now since i think about it i hope phones work the same way???
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    These threads are...>DUMB
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    These threads are...>DUMB
    well not a whole lot of anticipation has been going on lately after the 1.4 bomb has gone of and all the problems has been talked about already... maybe when flash is closer then it can get exciting again.
    Good luck, you might want to check the specs of the Droid too. In my limited trolling I saw quite a few complaints that less than a gb is available for apps. Remember early in webOS when not all the memory was available for apps? It was one reason I waited to move to webOS. I'd be wary about Android until there are phones with over a gb of built-in memory or the ability to store apps on micro-sd cards. Which I doubt will ever happen. Devs won't want paid apps pirated.
    Last edited by mofishmgr; 03/15/2010 at 01:35 AM.
    Talk to this guy

Android Forums - View Single Post - Anyone wanna trade a palm pre for my moment?

or this guy

http://androidforums.com/400030-post4.html

I had a HTC Touch and I had to buy the same phone 3 times, HTC didn't give a rats *** about their customers, with Palm, I wrote an email to the CEO and he responded to my email in one day
    "I'm sorry your phone is smarter than you"
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    another stupid good bye thread...
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    I have a Moto Droid. It sucks in ways that are more frustrating with each passing day. I've got two weeks left and I'm seriously considering swapping for a Pre Plus (I'm on Verizon). Have another thread goign where I seek advice on this. Oh, and that fancy 5 megapixel camera? It sucks too as autofocus is sooooooo slow that you miss every shot you try and capture. It's just like the first digital cameras with massive shutter lag only much much worse.

In short, don't believe the hype about the droid. It's big and solid, but the keyboard, camera, basic functions, non-intuitive OS and even touchscreen (too sensitive) all leave much to be desired.
    get a nokia N97......they are dirt cheap in the UK at least
    +1 agree.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast