Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Let me explain my problem. Lets say I have 3 web pages open and theyre all loaded. If I go put them into cards, and then tap on one to bring it to fullscreen it reloads the entire web page, even though it had already been loaded?

    I dont recall this ever happening before? What gives? Its so frickin annoying.
  2. #2  
    I think it's a patch out that blocks that reloading of web page
  3. #3  
    Reloading of web pages is one the Pre's issues that really ****es me off. I've lost lengthy posts because of that.

    There is a patch that is supposed to prevent that, but it didn't work for me when I tried it. I may try it again soon.
  4. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #4  
    Ya it's always done that and there is a patch that removes that feature.
    I thought it had that obvious name/title for the patch but I think its the "Auto Hide All Icons After Page Load' patch that fixes that..? If you use it I would suggest using the "Shake to Reload' patch with it just in case you actually do need a quick refresh on a page you may be browsing. (Like precentral forums )
    The nice thing about that patch is it opens up your page to a full screen w/o anything blocking it. Makes the screen look even bigger.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Ya it's always done that and there is a patch that removes that feature....
    That's not a feature. That is the inability of the Pre to do what it's bragged to be able to do.
    Multitask.
  6. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's not a feature. That is the inability of the Pre to do what it's bragged to be able to do.
    Multitask.
    Wrong word choice on my part..

    Then why did Palm incorporate this 'refresh' setting with the cards? Was it to keep sites "live" like for example if you were viewing a ball game it would refresh the score for you?
    Not really seeing how calling out the lack of the 'Multitask' ability fits in to what you're saying? Is not refreshing when maximizing a card considered true multitasking to you? Just curious.. .
  7. kanzlr's Avatar
    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    #7  
    search preware for "idle"
    there is a patch for that
  8. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    search preware for "idle"
    there is a patch for that
    Oh ya, that's the title I was looking for. Thanks for the correction there.
    'No Auto Refresh After Idle' patch.
    Last edited by Freshyz; 03/15/2010 at 05:08 AM.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Wrong word choice on my part..

    Then why did Palm incorporate this 'refresh' setting with the cards? Was it to keep sites "live" like for example if you were viewing a ball game it would refresh the score for you?
    Not really seeing how calling out the lack of the 'Multitask' ability fits in to what you're saying? Is not refreshing when maximizing a card considered true multitasking to you? Just curious.. .
    It does this due to poor memory management (not by "incorporation").

    If you're logged into other sites, do work on them and then go back, you will lose all your work because when the site refreshes, u'll be logged out (that's alot of commas).
    You continuously have to start everything all over again. Not having a card refresh every time I go back to it would allow me to do different things on different sites at different times without losing any work.
    THAT is multitasking.
    Having to log back into sites and redo all the work you lost is not considered "multitasking" in my book.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 03/15/2010 at 08:01 AM.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    That's not a feature. That is the inability of the Pre to do what it's bragged to be able to do.
    Multitask.
    It is an undocumented feature, eg a bug
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  11. #11  
    There must be a reason Palm decided to implement this functionality - and it must be good enough a reason to justify not 'fixing' it yet.

    I can only assume that it's because webpages are potentially the biggest memory-hogs of all. Even one large webpage can bring the Pre to a grinding halt. I think WebOS simply registers when the browser card is idle and loads everything out of memory to allow you to carry on with whatever else you're doing without massive slow down. It is annoying but it's probably better than the alternative.

    I tried the patch for preventing this behaviour, but like Colonel Kernel it didn't work once installed. If anyone has got this patch working correctly please could you comment on the pros and cons? Do you find that your Pre is much slower when you're multitasking with webpages open now?
  12. #12  
    My Pre does not do this.
  13. Shineon's Avatar
    Posts
    121 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #13  
    My Pre does this (Sprint, no patches or anything) but it only seems to be on certain web pages (memory hungry pages) and not all of the time. I thought it might be data connection thing....
    More annoying to me is the "Too Many Cards" thing, which has simply gotten out of hand after the update....or so it seems.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    My Pre does this (Sprint, no patches or anything) but it only seems to be on certain web pages (memory hungry pages) and not all of the time. I thought it might be data connection thing....
    More annoying to me is the "Too Many Cards" thing, which has simply gotten out of hand after the update....or so it seems.
    Yeah, I don't recall this ever happening before 1.4 though. I have multiple web pages open all of the time, (Slate Mobile, ESPN Streak for the Cash, Precentral, etc) and I only recently have noticed this happening. Ive had my Pre since June 6th too.

Posting Permissions