1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I am wanting to sell my Pre soon. I'm not so tech savvy so I was wondering how do I make sure it has a clean ESN and get all my info off of it? Is that something I can do from home? Again sorry for the n00b question.
    as long as you don't owe sprint money and it isn't a stolen phone the esn will be clean
    That's a Sprint thing. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $can$'$t$ $sell$ $a$ $Sprint$ $phone$ $once$ $activated$, $that$ $ESN$ $is$ $tied$ $to$ $your$ $account$. $GSM$ $phones$ $are$ $different$, $they$ $use$ $a$ $SIM$ $card$ $instead$, $you$ $can$ $sell$ $those$ $until$ $your$ $fingers$ $fall$ $off$ $from$ $the$ $eBay$ $listings$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $checked$ $for$ $awhile$, $though$, $I$ $was$ $going$ $to$ $sell$ $my$ $650$ $awhile$ $back$, $couldn$'$t$ $do$ $it$. $The$ $Sprint$ $phones$ $you$ $see$ $for$ $sale$ $are$ $new$ $and$ $unactivated$.

^^^ he may be entirely right, there.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    as long as you don't owe sprint money and it isn't a stolen phone the esn will be clean
    Oh, okay very cool.

Any way to clear the phone of my personal info?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    That's a Sprint thing. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $you$ $can$'$t$ $sell$ $a$ $Sprint$ $phone$ $once$ $activated$, $that$ $ESN$ $is$ $tied$ $to$ $your$ $account$. $GSM$ $phones$ $are$ $different$, $they$ $use$ $a$ $SIM$ $card$ $instead$, $you$ $can$ $sell$ $those$ $until$ $your$ $fingers$ $fall$ $off$ $from$ $the$ $eBay$ $listings$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $checked$ $for$ $awhile$, $though$, $I$ $was$ $going$ $to$ $sell$ $my$ $650$ $awhile$ $back$, $couldn$'$t$ $do$ $it$. $The$ $Sprint$ $phones$ $you$ $see$ $for$ $sale$ $are$ $new$ $and$ $unactivated$.

^^^ he may be entirely right, there.

I see people trade phones all the time on here. I'm sure they can be transferred over.
    Doctor it back to a fresh install, and don't log into your Palm profile.
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    Oh, okay very cool.

webos doctor
    Do a full secure erase. Should do the trick.

webos doctor doesn't remove your personal info on the usb drive.
    I've sold piles of Sprint phones. As long as it's not hot and you didn't run up a huge bill your good. Their is not problem with that.
    Palm IIIe -> Palm m100 -> Palm 700p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre ->HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fightonyourfeet View Post
    Oh, okay very cool.

Doctor your pre.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals

Palm Support : Palm Pre Sprint - Resetting your phone with Palm webOS Doctor
  11.    #11  
    Thanks guys, you've been a giant help.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by braindeadracefan View Post
    Do a full secure erase. Should do the trick.

webos doctor doesn't remove your personal info on the usb drive.
    I just went though and did that manually. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Be advised that as long as the ESN is activated on your account, Sprint will not allow activation by someone else... So for you to make sure the ESN is clean, make sure either a) the device you are planning on switching to is activated in its place or b) you close your account with Sprint.

Also -- if you are on Version 1.4 -- you can do a secure full erase on the device, then dont log in to your Palm Profile. Or you can use WebOS Doctor 1.2.1 (newer versions do not erase your USB area as others mentioned)