1.    #1  
    Compared to the apple app store, the pres app catalog sucks,
    so after the PDK released, are we gunna see A LOT more apps come in to the app catalog? more like the app store? or is it still gunna be 5-7 apps a day that are no good like its been for months...
    Last edited by Chaincho3; 03/14/2010 at 10:21 PM.
    apparently you expected the app catalog to suddenly get what took apple a year to even begin and more than two to grow to what it is today
  3.    #3  
    the first month the app store came out there was 60 million downloads and about 1000 apps,
    the pre had about 800,000 downloads the first month and 30 apps
    and right now it has 1700 apps, after what 6 months?
    and i just wanna know if the app development will increase more rapidly with the PDK, and if better apps will come out
    Last edited by Chaincho3; 03/14/2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaincho3 View Post
    the first month the app store came out there was 60 million downloads and about 1000 apps,
    the pre had about 800,000 downloads the first month and 30 apps
    and right now it has 1700 apps, after what 6 months?
    and i just wanna know if the app development will increase more rapidly with the SDK, and if better apps will come out
    There were already plenty of iPhones/iPod Touches out there at the time. The Pre started at 0 apps, 0 phones, 0 downloads.

..and do you mean the PDK?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  5.    #5  
    ok but the apps were still developed extremely faster than the pres regardless of downloads
    and yeah i mean pdk
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Compared to the PC/MAC the pre's/iphone's available apps suck.
    the app catalog is coming along quite fast actually. Consider it was in beta with no paid apps until December and you'll realize it's moving at quite the clip. The iphone was out a full year before it even had an app store and we're not quite there yet. To answer your question though I do think once the PDK is out of beta (next big webOS update I assume) we'll see them come out even faster. BTW those "no good" apps are good for someone and they took time to code and test. It's insulting to the developers to lump them all together and to call them no good. That said, I have quite a few good apps on my Pre so I really don't understand where you're coming from.
    I'm pretty happy at the rate the or app catalog has grown, but I'm sure with the new pdk we might see a nice spike of new apps, but i don't think we are going to be flooded with iphone ports, and to tell you the truth i hope we are not cause we are better of with some of the things that the iphone app has to offer.
    quality apps. Shazaam (sp). Document viewing & editing. Etc.
    Apple's app store is full of garbage apps. Flashlights, fart apps, alarm clocks ( feature already built in ), beer jug apps, every useless gimmick app you can think of, you can find it on app store.