1.    #1  
    So I found this blog that showed an MMO called TibiaME that was first released on some nokia phones but it is soon going to be ported to the iPhone. The game looks interesting, it apparently has 50,000 players, who knew.

So i was wondering what some of you think the chances are, since it's being ported to the iPhone, that it would be headed pre-ward. I know I would play it.

The game is shown to be played in portrait, instead of land scape... In Game chat would be excellent on the Pre.

There is another MMO featured part way down the page that looks cool too called Anrufen Online that looks even better (despite being in landscape).

In any case i hope some of this sweet video game love makes it our way, even if you have to pay a monthly service fee, $12 every 3 months doesn't sound horrible.

Thoughts?
    (I can't link to the article yet because I have 5 posts, you need 10 to post links)
    if it's fun and engaging,easy to use and communicate effectively I'm sold.
    Don't need the link, just google TibiaME and you get the official game site. I'm wondering how much data this uses, and what kind of lag there would be. MMO's are fun, but having played a couple with the servers at near max on a map is a painful experience. I gather you can play it on your PC now, free, if you want. Doesn't say if the two are tied together in any way.

Tibia is a shinbone, BTW. /headscratch
    If it was programed in Qt, WebOS doesn't need a port
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Java, so no, no port needed, that I know of. Just not officially supported yet.

TibiaME runs on the following mobile devices:

•All Java enabled mobile devices with a colour display of at least 128x128 pixels, 130 kbytes of memory and MIDP 2.0 support. Unfortunately we cannot test TibiaME on every existing mobile device. If you have problems playing TibiaME on your mobile device, please send us some feedback.
    •On all 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition Series 60 mobile phones. You will find a complete and updated list of all available Series 60 devices at www.series60.com/products.

We would be in the first group. I guess, download the free client and see if it'll install.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post

ĽAll Java enabled mobile devices with a colour display of at least 128x128 pixels, 130 kbytes of memory and MIDP 2.0 support. Unfortunately we cannot test TibiaME on every existing mobile device. If you have problems playing TibiaME on your mobile device, please send us some feedback.
    ĽOn all 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition Series 60 mobile phones. You will find a complete and updated list of all available Series 60 devices at www.series60.com/products.

We would be in the first group. I guess, download the free client and see if it'll install.
    WebOS doesn't have java.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post

ĽAll Java enabled mobile devices with a colour display of at least 128x128 pixels, 130 kbytes of memory and MIDP 2.0 support. Unfortunately we cannot test TibiaME on every existing mobile device. If you have problems playing TibiaME on your mobile device, please send us some feedback.
    ĽOn all 1st, 2nd and 3rd edition Series 60 mobile phones. You will find a complete and updated list of all available Series 60 devices at www.series60.com/products.

Java /= Javascript
    Oh. Yeah. Sorry, used to WinMo still. I shoulda caught that one.
  9.    #9  
    I think Mobile MMOs are a VASTLY untaped market. And seeing as a lot of the information would already be on your phone the only stuff you would be pulling down data wise is what everyone else is doing and whatever events are taking place that week.

Not saying that it doesn't take a lot of data to do, per say, but it couldn't be a tremendous amount i would assume. Sadly, you know what they say about assuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverKill View Post
    I think Mobile MMOs are a VASTLY untaped market. And seeing as a lot of the information would already be on your phone the only stuff you would be pulling down data wise is what everyone else is doing and whatever events are taking place that week.

Not saying that it doesn't take a lot of data to do, per say, but it couldn't be a tremendous amount i would assume. Sadly, you know what they say about assuming.
    You would think..........PC based MMO's don't actually use all that much bandwidth, comparatively, the major ones I've played store the majority of the graphical data and such that you need locally, the servers just store locations, that's all that's really being transferred. I forget what I clocked in at on SWG playing four hours a night or so, but it wasn't a massive amount. Couple of gigs overall. Given the phones it's listed for, though....you're not storing a whole lot on there.
    I want Parallel Kingdom to come to webOS.
    Last edited by zealster; 03/14/2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: wrong name haha..
  12.    #12  
    Its on the app store and the android market place, they will see us eventually i think
    Hmm imagine Second Life on a Pre...
    I posted a thread on this games forums hoping they might port it to WebOS.

Anrufen Online Forum - Any chance of a WebOS Palm Pre port?
    AmpachPre, your music your way.

What will it take to get this on WebOS?

Near-naked elves! Lots of 'em!

Well, that's what it seems to take to launch any MMO these days...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre